Chapter 2: Arthur of The Bear Clan and Stella of The Humans

Stella's POV

I woke up to what smelt like food cooking, I sat up stretching. That's when I see the man in which I thought I dreamed about. I freeze and realize that none of it was a dream and it's all real. My face grew red as I remembered the details before I fell asleep. "Female, You're awake!" The man said with a big smile on his face.

"Where are we?" I asked, looking around.

"This is the cave I have taken residence in for the time being."He said proudly. It was a nice cave. It wasn't too deep to worry about predators but deep enough that we were protected from the elements. It keeps us cool from the heat and I'm sure it will keep us warm from the cold.

I tilted my head and asked, "What do you mean by the time being?"

His smile fell for a moment but he tried to keep it from me. "Due to my appearance females tend to fear me. So I have run out of many villages."

'His appearance? I think he is rather handsome, why would his appearance scare women? I mean his bear form is scary but once you see his human form who cares about his human form...Bear form?... Human Form?'I thought. A light bulb went off in my head and I got close to him. "How did you turn into a bear? I have never heard of anyone doing that."I asked, I am now very interested in the place I woke up in.

"Were you sheltered, little female? All beastmen have beast forms other than females. What clan did you come from?" He asked.

I tilled my head again "Beastmen? I have never heard of them...My clan? You must mean Spieces!! I'm human and none of my kind has beast forms." I explained.

"Human? I have never heard of that clan...I see so your clan must isolate themselves from others. I guess not knowing about the beast form makes sense." He said as he was thinking. "Are you of age? Have you had your fertility cycle for this year? Do you have any mates yet" He asked.

I was taken aback by the sudden rapid-fire questions, but then got distracted by a burning smell "Is something burning?" I asked.

I watched as he went into a panic due to forgetting about the food on the fire. He started to sulk over the meat being a little bit burnt. "Hey, it's alright, it's only a little bit burnt. We can still eat it." I tried to reassure him and to solidify my statement I grabbed his hand and took a bite from the meat he was holding. I was surprised that it was good without any seasonings. Looking up I see the man bushing a little bit and for some reason, I choose to look down and see a small tent indicating that it was slightly arousing to him.

I blushed and leaned back so I wasn't so close to him. "That's good, what is it?" I asked, trying to change the topic.

He cleared his throat and said, " It's boar, I hear females like the taste of it." 

"I see...Thank you for the food that's very kind of you." I said giving him a smile.

"There is no need to thank me, I'm a male it's my job to provide for females," he said and I could have sworn that he was glowing with pride.

"Things are different from where I'm from, Females are for the most part independent...Not saying that some males don't do those things but most females provide for themselves once they become adults. As for the thank you, I was to be thankful when someone does something for you. If you find it uncomfortable, I can try and stop, But I would like to thank you when you do something for me." I explained.

This seemed to fluster the man because he started to panic. " No, it doesn't make me uncomfortable...I just...I'm okay with it."

I get bad because I felt as if I hurt his feelings." It's okay, I'm not upset, I'm very happy with everything you have done for me, I'm Stella by the way.

This seemed to cause the man to perk up and say," I'm Arthur from the Bear Clan, I'm 38 seasons old " 

I chuckled because he was like a young child " I'm 18 seasons old and I'm of age by the way." Answering one of his questions from earlier. "But I am unsure what you mean by Fertility cycle or mates." Bringing up the other two questions.

Arthur paused and seemed to be deep in thought " Fertility cycle for my people is when a female goes into heat once a year. It's when the female is able to have cubs. As for mates, They are males that you spend the rest of your life with." He explained.

"I see, Um...The females of my species have their fertility cycle once a month but we call it a period, But we can basically get pregnant at any time. As for mates, we call them husbands and we typically have only one." I explained. When I looked up I could see the emotions in his eyes, there was disbelief, amazement, fear, and something else that I couldn't place.

"Your species must be safe to only have one mate per female, But I am concerned about your fertility cycle if stronger beasts from the beast city's here of this they may take you and make you a breeder. You will have to find many very strong males to keep you safe." He said.

I felt fear and concern when he said I might be made into a breeder" What do I do? I don't know how to keep this quiet. Do I really need multiple mates?" I asked desperately. 

"Don't worry Stella, I will protect you. Even if you don't take me as your mate, I will protect you from anyone who causes you trouble," he said grabbing my hand and looking into my eyes. I could tell he was telling the truth.

"Why would you do that for me? You don't know me." I said tearing up at the overwhelming fear of the future in this unfamiliar world.

"You are the first female to not fear me... you are the first to desire me...You are so caring and kind...and perfect. I would do anything to stay by your side even if it's not as your mate." He breathed out his forehead resting on mine. 

I liked Arthur a lot and I have never wanted someone physically in my life. He is kind and considerate and nicer than any guy I have met and we barely know each other. 'I know that I could love him once I got to know him, I already like him. There's also the fact that I have no clue how to get home or if I ever will.'

"Would you really want that?" I asked our lips seemed to get closer and closer.

"More than anything." He said before...