Chapter 7: Leo The Lion

(Leo's POV)

The little female fell asleep in my arms before the healer returned with her medicine. I'm starting to understand that the little female doesn't enjoy crowded places or enjoy attention. It seems to stress her out and makes her uncomfortable. Knowing this makes me want her more due to the fact she stood up for her mate despite her discomfort. She is truly a special female that will need to be protected, But it also angered me that even if she was like those disgusting females, she did not deserve to be treated that way. 'They will be punished for this!' I thought.

"Oh my, The female has fallen asleep." The healer stated. He handed me some medicine and instructed me to use it on the little female. Before anything else could be said the door busted open to the little female's mate.

He was upset rightfully so but also worried for his mates' and cub's wellbeing. "There is no need to worry, Bear. The little female and cubs are safe." I stated.

" Who are you and why is my mate in your arms?" He asked firmly.

"I'm the one who saved your mate and brought her, as for who I am...well we can disgust that once the little female wakes up. " I said with a smirk.

I could tell he was angry that I was touching his mate but backed down slightly backed down do to the laws. The laws of our people state that if a male rescues a female that male has a right to be her mate if she accepts him. In truth, this is not how I wanted it to happen but it works either way, all I need to do is hope she accepts me. I'm not too concerned about that with how relaxed she seems to be in my presents.

(Stella's POV)

I felt so warm and safe, did Arthur come back? Is what I'm feeling him? The answer is no. How did I know this? you may ask well, I know this because I had chosen to open my eyes to see not my husband but the man who saved and took care of me. 'Why am I suspicious of this situation?' I thought. I heard the door open to see my husband, who froze when he saw me awake. It didn't take long for him to snap out of it and run to my side. "I am so sorry Stella! I left you unprotected and you were hurt," he said upset.

I reached over and thread my hand in his hair and started to play with it, this simple action calmed my big teddy bear down." Arthur, it wasn't your fault. You did everything right, I shouldn't have opened the door or let myself become overwhelmed." I said.

I turned around to face the mystery man only to feel something familiar. This familiar feeling caused my face to become red. "Um...th...thank you for helping me! Um...may I ask why I'm still on your lap?" I stuttered.

He purrs and brings his hand up to my chin to tilt my eyes up to meet his gaze. " Have you forgotten the laws, little one, I saved you which means I have the right to be your mate if you allow it."

"I'm from a place far away so I had no idea about such laws even if I did that still doesn't answer my question," I said without the stutter this time but I whispered it.

He purrs and leans down and takes his nose down my neck causing me to make a face 'What's up with all these men and my neck.' I thought. "You are far more interesting than I thought, what else are you hiding?" He teased as he pulled back from my neck.

He chuckled when he saw me pouting " You win, little one. You're on my lap because I wish to have you here and I didn't want to disturb your peaceful slumber by pulling you off me." he said with a smirk.

My hand was still in Arthur's hair when I felt him rise a bit causing me to look over." I know you're hesitant about taking other mates, Stella, but accepting this male would be a good idea. He is a five-star beast and can easily protect you when I'm unable to."

I looked back at the man" Why do you want me? "I asked out of curiosity.

"You're different than other females. Your care about your males and even though you are weak you still try to protect and defend them and you're interesting and mysterious." He purred out.

Wait a minute " How do you know that? I could be cruel?" I argued.

He chuckled again " I have been watching you since you came here little one."

I froze when I heard this " Like not the whole time though? You had to eat or sleep at some point." I asked.

I could see his enjoyment of my embarrassment. " I did but I assume you're referring to those beautiful sounds you made as the bear mated you."

My face went red and I tried to get off him only to be pulled into his strong arms and hard muscular chest. "Arthur!!" I yelled in an attempt to escape.

" Lion, Stella enjoys privacy and does not like people knowing or saying such things. Though I'm her mate and she only enjoys it once she is ready to be mated."

"That just means we need to mate!" He said making his arousal apparent.

"There are things I can't tell you until we mate, things that could put your life in danger," I said trying to show him that mating me won't be easy.

"Makes me want you more" He purred pulling me impossibly close.

Arthur got up and said," I will be outside."

'Traitor!!' I thought as I watched him leave out the door.

"Well your male has accepted me, will you?" He said mockingly.

"I don't even know your name?" I tried to make a defense but failed miserably.

"Leo, My name is Leo and what is yours, little one?" He asked.

I was annoyed by this because I know he heard Arthur say it.

"You already know it." I shot back at him.

I could see his excitement at my pathetic attempt to fight back " I know but I want you to tell me." He said enjoying my torment.

"Stella, My name is Stella." I hissed which seemed to arouse him more.

"Stella...I can't wait to hear you call my name as we mate." He said before picking me up.