Chapter 6: Unknown Suitor to the Rescue

(Stella's POV)

Last night was amazing as always and it had me less stressed from the events that happened yesterday. Arthur cuddled me and rubbed my belly happy that we were having cubs. "Arthur I was wondering how long pregnancy was for beastmen," I asked.

"Well it's different between clans but for the bear clan it's five cycles, but all females are nine cycles. " He explained.

'So that means I will get to meet the little ones some.' I thought. The nice quiet moment was interrupted by my stomach. Which caused me to blush and Arthur to chuckle, He kissed my head and went out to find food. Arthur had explained last night that the village mostly eats fruits and vegetables but he would go and hunt for me. I told him that fruits and veggies would be fine for now since we would be heading back to the cave tomorrow.

I decided to go back to sleep until Arthur came back with the food before I could, I heard a commotion outside. Stupid me decided to go check it out, as I open the door I see a lot of men outside of the hut. 'I wonder what's going on?' I thought but then seen the woman from yesterday.

A smug grin found its way to her face once she noticed me" Arthur's female, I was touched by the love you felt for your male that I decided I would help you find somemore males." She said.

The males started to close in on me and I began to become uncomfortable and panicking. It only worsened as the males start to push and shove one and other wanting to be the first to talk to me. I was accidentally shoved to the ground and felt a sharp pain in my stomach area though it seemed as none of the males seem to have notice me on the ground. I was scared and wanting Arthur but more than anything I was scared that something happen to my children. Tears started to fall down my cheeks as I silently sobbed in pain. The fighting suddenly stopped when a roar was let out and I felt arms wrap around me to pick me up. I could tell that I was not in the arms of my mate. "Shameless the lot of you, your so desperate for a mate that not only do you ignore her feelings but hurt her as well. None of you even noticed that she was shoved to the ground and was scared and crying." I looked up at the mystery man to find a man with blonde hair that almost reminded me of gold. His blue eyes were so pale that they almost looked white. He had sharp features but a noble like aura to him almost like he was royalty. The man wasn't as big as Arthur but he was still muscular no less. I know I shouldn't but I hide my face into his chest and started to cry even more. I wanted to go back to the cave Arthur and I called home, I could barely handle humans let alone these female hungry beastmen.

"Your highness, I apologies for the males of my tribe, they acted rash and injured the pregnant female. I will make sure they are punished." I heard the chiefs voice.

"When her male comes back from hunting, Inform him she is at the healers and explained what happened." The man said before walking away from the crowed.

I felt the male adjust me in his arms and tangle his hand in my hair. This caused me to peak up at him with teary eyes to find him staring at me. I became shy and whispered " Thank you for saving me and I'm sorry I got you all wet and dirty."

A chuckle left his mouth as he said " You have nothing to worry about, I'm fine if your the one dirtying me." he rose my hair to his lips and kissed it. I think he was enjoying the blush that the action caused from me.

We soon came to the healers hut and the man knocked on the door. The healer opened the door but his eyes fell on me. "Oh my female what happened? Please hurry and come in." He said rushing us in. Once we were in the man kept me on his lap as he explained what happened to the healer.

" Female, please tell me were it hurts." The healer said obviously furious with wat happened but concerned about me.

I didn't have the energy to speak so I place my hand on my belly. The healer understood what this meant and started by checking on the health of the cubs and then went to make some medicine for me. I was drained from what happened that I felt myself drifting off into a deep sleep.