Chapter 15: Celebration Part 1

Hey guys I had to work a couple doubles this week so I will only be posting 2 chapters.

(Stella's POV)

The celebration was in the courtyard of the palace and there were many people there. My handsome mates explained that this was a way to introduce males to females in hopes that the females would take some of the males as mates. All single males and females with only four males or less were invited. Sadly, cubs were not allowed to come due to how dangerous it could get when the males fought over a female. One of the older males was asked to watch the babies while we were at the celebration. The guys were being extra protective of me due to the amount of attention I was getting and not all of the attention was good attention. There were many females that were not happy with me being Leo's mate and rumors of my fertility have already spread making some females even more jealous. Then there's the males, they would not hurt me because I'm female or at least most would not hurt me on purpose. Which I had gotten first hand experience at the village.

The courtyard was decorated with beautiful flowers on the outer walls and then the closer you went towards the middle the closer together the bonfires were. Our bonfire was near the entrance of the palace and about 6 feet away from Leo's parents' bonfire. There was another bonfire on the other side of Leo's parents that wasn't occupied yet. I assumed that it was Eo's and his mate would sense I had not seen him yet.

As people filled the courtyard I snuggled against Arthur as I sat on his lap. I knew that I should be more comfortable doing things like this but I can't help but hate attention and being in crowds. Soon we see Eros and an older woman with three other older looking males with them.

I watched as the woman's eyes locked on to me which caused her to make a nasty face but with a smirk. They started to walk our way and saw Eros look apologetic.

"So This is your mate?!" She was forced out.

Leo and the King gave a warning growl, which seemed to not faze her. Before Leo could speak I spoke up loud enough for everyone to hear. "I am and who are you?" I asked with a sickening sweet voice causing myself to seem innocent and oblivious.

"I'm Kai, I'm one of the most beautiful females in this city." She said proudly.

I smiled sweetly and agreed but with a twist. "It's true you are physically beautiful, but it is sad that I can not say the same about your inner beauty. Someone who mistreats others will always have an inner ugliness to them."

Kia's other males growled at my comment causing my mates to become involved. The mates that growled at me backed down when that happened. "How dare.." I cut her off before she could finish.

" I heard about you from Leo and how you treated him and how you treat your mates. I'm not perfect but I would never intentionally treat someone so badly especially if they are my mates. I understand that many females don't care for their mates but I care for mine. Look at my chest, look at the placement of the marks and now look at yours. Other females I met seem to care more for their mates than you do. All your marks are at your waist or below and that saddens me because I may not know all your mates but I do know Eros and I think Eros deserves a mate that would love him as much as he loves you. So you want to try and make me feel smaller than go ahead but it won't work. So bring a healer over here and have him check me because I know you through a fit about the praise I got for my fertility and I also know that the reason you want me check is to humiliate me and make Leo regret his decision." I lectured. My anxiety was high and I felt like I was going to have a panic attack but I need to speak up because my mates and children are important to me. Arthurs grip tightened on me and I felt him start to nuzzle my neck in an attempt to comfort me. Leo started rubbing circles on my upper thigh and Theo had taken my hand in his and rubbed my knuckles with his thumb. I think they could tell how worked up I was.

Kai's face turned red with anger as she was about to speak the queen spoke up. " What a wonderful mate you have. Her love for all of you is rare and refreshing, you don't often see that. Now as you requested Kia, we have the best healer in the city to come and do this. Actually, he is Prince Alexander of the deer clan. He was visiting the city on the way back to his clan and was so kind enough to help us. I'm sure you would not complain if he did it right?"

Kai kept her mouth shut and nodded still clearly angry but understood that if she said anything else especially to the queen she would be in trouble.