Bonus Chapter: Kai's Trial

A/N: This happens after the raid on the Scorpions

(King Callums POV)

The raid on the Scorpion nest had been both a success and a failure. We succeeded in killing most of the Scorpions and were able to bring back lots of females. We failed in bringing my son's mate back and finding the scorpion king.  On top of that most of our females left our city in fear of another attack. My mind goes back to that treacherous female in the dungeon with her males. We had yet to have a trial for them. I couldn’t help but feel my anger pulsing inside me remembering my brother's death. Like most males we drifted apart once we mated but it didn’t stop our familial bond. My queen came into the throne room and gave me a sad smile. She was deeply affected by this as well. Forest my son’s mate and now my brother, It was taking a toll on her. “My love, what will you do with…that women.” She asked, hugging me.

“Even though she is guilty, we still have to have a trial.” I said.

“But my love..” She said but I cut her off bringing her closer to me.

“I know, but we must in accordance with our laws.” I said. I wish to just kill them and get it over with. They don’t deserve a trial.  “I will have Leo gather everyone and we will have the trial in the morning.”

The next day there were whispers, we had a good amount of people who saw what happened that day. So rumors spread about…That female. I roared to silence everyone. As I did Leo and some other guards brought out the female and her mates. My lips twitched threatening to smile, The female was a mess she was dirty and you could tell that she had been crying. “Everyone!! We are here today to find this female innocent or guilty of betraying the city, working with the scorpions, orchestrating the attack on the city and kidnapping my son’s pregnant mate, mating with the enemy, and murdering my brother.” I said. I could feel the anger of my people toward that female. “As per our laws we will have a trial. Witnesses will testify and the female and her males will say their side as well. Let us begin!!” I said starting the trial.

Witness after witness said the same thing making the female look bad then it was the female’s mates that went next. All they said was that the female was set up and that she didn’t do this. They had know proof or ability to explain some inconsistencies. Finally, it was the female’s turn “I swear I would never betray this city. I don’t know why My Eros was lying or why he was injured. I did not like Stella but I would never risk the safety of our city to get rid of her.” She explained.

“What about the mating mark?” My queen asked.

“I..I was raped. I didn’t say anything because I was ashamed and knew it was wrong to leave the city without my mates.” She said.

“So you left the city without your mates? If thats true than how can we trust that you didn’t leave to meet with the scorpions?” A guard asked.

“I..don’t know how to prove that I didn’t” She started to cry.

I looked over at my son and he went and brought her scorpion mate out. “Scorpion? Did you rape this female?” I asked.

He looked at her confused “Rape? You beastmen are all the same, can’t you just accept that maybe some females want us.” He said in a cocky manner.

“I think that is enough!! What does the people find the female? If you find her innocent, raise your hands” I asked a few rose their hands. “Now those who find her guilty” Everyone else rose their hands.

“No!! I swear…” She attempted.

“Silence!!” I roar. “I the King find this female guilty. The crimes you have committed is to great to let you live. I sentence you and your mates to dealth.” I said.

The pathetic look she portrayed turned to one of anger and hate. “I hope everyone in this city burns and gives me great pleasure to know that known of you will ever see Stella again.” She hissed revealing her true self.

I had them kill her mates first making her feel the pain of their deaths and then before she was killed my son said “Stella’s not dead.” before ripping her heart out.