VII

P.o.v. Tina:

       - What did she want?

       - Do you want to come with me to get the puppy? She didn't want to leave her there but she has a big dog at home. Every time she left the room the puppy cried and destroyed something, so I'm gonna pick her up. Just for a few days, but at least she'll be comfortable.

       - You'll end up keeping her. - She giggled. So cute!

       - I can't…!

       - You would look really cute with a dog. - Maybe I'll keep her.

       - I already have a dog! Mitang!

       - Cute. - She gave me a smirk. - You. I haven't seen the dog yet.

       - Stop it!

       - You like it.

       - I do.

       - And I like… you.

       - Bold! You're making me shy!

       - Ok ok, I'll stop. For now.

       - Yeah for now. Careful or I might fall for you!

       - The floor is slippery, do you want me to catch you?

       - Ok ok. Let's go get the dog. - Let's stop right here. We're starting to flirt too much, I don't want her to get it wrong.

       And there we went. When we got there, Malee was already waiting for us. She looked suspiciously at me, probably not expecting to see us together, especially at this hour. The girl apologized for not being able to leave the dog there, but it's understandable. That little thing is so cute and needy, I wouldn't feel good leaving her there alone either.

       All the way home Heidi was hugging the puppy like it was the most precious thing in the world. She is such a precious thing. Heidi, the dog too. They look so cute together. Maybe I do have a soft spot for animal lovers, but who doesn't. If you don't like animals, I don't like you. That's simple.

       - Are you a dog person?

       - Cat person. I have one at home. Fondue, but you can call him Tutu. I want to get another one, but I haven't had the opportunity yet.

       - Cute. I'm more of a dog person.

       - Then you have to meet Tutu. You'll fall in love with him… or with the owner.

       - We'll have to see it. I probably will, I love dogs, but cats are cute too.

       - Fall for the owner?

       - No, fall for the cat.

       - Tutu is already stealing you! I have to step up my game. Do you want to go to my house one of these days?

       - Hum…? - Wait, what? Weren't we just joking around?

       - Yeah! To see the cat in my room! - Does she know what that means? That's the thai version of Netflix and chill!

       - Ah, right. Yeah we have to agree on a date. But it'll have to be either at night or on one of my days off. - I pretend I do not understand the implicit meaning behind her words.

       - At night? - She eyed me with a funny expression. - I'll have to see a date when I'm alone, then. - That… that one was strong. Stop it Tina. Do not! Do not let your imagination run free!