XXV

P.o.v. Tina:

       We woke up early and everybody joined at my house the day we agreed to go see the elephants. Our tickets were already bought and we had everything prepared. Two cars drove to the north, mine and Patrick's. Nudee, P'Chompoo and Heidi were on mine, Heidi on my passenger seat. On the other car went Patrick, Marima, P'Fa and Charlotte. I can't talk about what's happening in the other car, but we are just wildly singing to music and talking among ourselves. Nudee has a… different taste in music, so she's just showing us the dirtiest and most double meaning songs she has found. Right now she's singing "slut me out", it's really funny. The interesting part is that she actually knows the lyrics.

       I feel Heidi's hand on my knee, just caressing my leg. When I look at her she just shoots me the cutest most perfect smile I've ever seen. Why is this girl so beautiful? I grab her hand and keep it on my leg, my thumb caressing it, when I need to use the shifter knob she does it with me. It's peaceful, even with the crazy girls singing their asses off on my backseat, even though P'Chompoo doesn't know the lyrics, she's just vibing. I could get used to this.

       - Simon says…! - Nudee sings.

       - Spread open your legs. - I hear Heidi finishing the sentence. What…? I'm shocked, how does she know such a song?

       - And put your hands behind your head.

       - Simon says, take a deep breath. Tonight we're gonna make a mess. - Heidi again.

       - Ok, but how do you know this song? - I ask her.

       - Charlotte likes it.

       - Oh, ok.

       - Yeah, the other day she posted a photo on her Instagram stories with this music. That's where I heard it first. - Nudee said.

       - Ok but since when do you have Charlotte's Instagram?

       - I followed them all. Didn't you? - Nudee says as if it was the most simple and normal thing. Maybe it is.

       - No? Should I?

       - Give me your phone. - I gave Heidi my phone and she unlocked it.

       - Since when does Heidi know your code? That's really mean! You changed it the other day and I was not allowed to know the new one! P'Chom, do you see this? It's so unfair!

       - Oh Nudee, let Tina be. Wouldn't you share your password with your girlfriend?

       - Oh hum… P'Chompoo… She's not my girlfriend. - I say a bit nervous. I thought P'Chomp knew. Should I say that she is? Will she be mad?

       - Oh I know. Yet. - She laughs with Nudee and they start whispering to each other, probably about us. I know P'Chompoo is older than me, but she turns into such a kid when she's with Nudee, it's actually cute to see.

       I caress Heidi's hand but she takes it away from mine. Is she mad? We are not dating, I would love for us to be, but we are not. I don't even know if we'll ever be. Should I say something about it?

       - Here. Now you're following us. - She says sweetly and holds my hand again. Was I overthinking? Maybe she just needed the hand to hold the phone or something.

       I wait until we get to the next stop, that wasn't really far, to bring her hand to my lips and kiss it as a thank you. She smiles brightly and holds mine with a bit more strength. I swear her smile is so beautiful that it lights my day. The sun must be envious. A common mortal that shines so brightly it can get the sun shy. At least, to my eyes.