7: nerves

<> Skylar's P.O.V <>

I sit in a swivel chair as a girl does my makeup and hair in a mad rush. She finishes it up and I look at myself in the mirror. I look amazing. The makeup and hair is done perfectly and ten times better than I could do it.

"Wow thank you." I thank the girl and she smiles.

"That's alright. Now let me just get your outfit." She says, walking out over to a clothing rack as she rummages through the many outfits.

"Ah perfect." I hear her say to herself then I hear her heels click back over to me.

"Try this on." She hands me a coat hanger with the outfit on it and I take and go into the little change room.

I put on the outfit but I don't get a chance to look at myself in the mirror before I walk out and show the girl.

"Oh it's perfect. You look stunning Skylar." She gushes and I smile and look in the mirror. I am wearing a fluro yellow bralet and a black skirt with a wavy pattern cut out on the bottom. I am then wearing black lace up 5 inch heels to go with it.

"You're in stage in ten minutes." She says and I gasp and rush out of the room. I run down the hallway and turn into a room and see that it's backstage.

I walk over to the backstage crew and they hand me a microphone and that's when my nerves start going up. My hands start shaking and getting sweaty and I take big breathes in and out.

"You've got 2 minutes Skylar." One of the backstage men tells me and I nod slowly. I then hear the door open behind me and I turn around and see the boys walk in.

"Oh my god I'm nervous." I say when the boys come over to me.

"Don't be nervous you'll do great." Tris says and my shaking goes down a bit.

"Sky you look gorgeous." Brad says and I blush a bit.

"One minute." I hear from behind me and I let out a large breathe.

I give them each a hug one by one but I hug Brad for a bit longer than the others.

As we are hugging Brad whispers something in my ear, "You'll kill em' tonight I know it." He says and I smile and we pull apart.

"Thankyou Brad." I say, giving him and quick peck on the cheek then turning around, getting ready to go on stage.

"Off you go." The backstage guy says and I let out a big breathe and walk onto the stage. The crowd erupts with cheers and I smile out to them and put the microphone in front of mouth.

My nerves start going up and I lower the microphone and my palms start getting sweatier. My hands start shaking and I take deep breathes in and out. I look around and see all of the girls and some boys staring at me intently and I start shaking more and more.

I look at a girl in the front row who is death staring me. What did I do? I don't know what I did. She probably thinks I'm a weirdo for standing on stage, not saying anything.

"ARE YOU GONNA SING?" She shouts and I flinch a little bit as the crowd cheers. I look down at her and she gives me a smug look and I see the people next to her doing the same.

"I THINK SHES A MUTE!" Another one shouts and the crowd cheers more. Are they cheering because they agree with her?

My eyes start getting watery and my hands shake more and more. I place my hands on my head and start feeling dizzy. All of a sudden the crowd erupts with very loud cheers and I feel someone grab me.

I look over and see Brad and he directs me off the stage. When we get off the stage the backstage guy takes my microphone and I start crying uncontrollably. Tears drip down my face and I can still hear the crowd cheering.