17: goodbye

<> Skylar's P.O.V <>

I walk out for the dressing room and look in the mirror at what I'm wearing. I am wearing a strapless tropical patterned bralet and a white skirt with a wavy hem. Alicia hands me a pair of white heels and I put them on slowly as I am quite nervous.

"My family is out there tonight." I say as I buckle the first heels on.

"Are you nervous?" She asks and I chuckle and nod.

"Very nervous actually." I say trying to buckle up my heel as my hands shake. I let out a big sigh in frustration.

"Let me do that because it's obviously not working." Alicia chuckles, kneeling down and doing p my heels.

"You don't have to be nervous around them they are your family and they accept you for who you are and you're also the most breathtaking singer to listen to live so you don't need to worry about them not liking your voice." She says and finishes up my heels. I stand up and smile and look up at her a bit. I'm so small that even when I have heels on she's taller than me.

"Thanks Alicia that's really nice to hear." I say and she smiles and pulls my into a tight hug.

"Now go and kill em' tonight." She says and I smile and walk out of the room. The door to backstage is literally right across form my dressing room so I didn't need to walk down a long hallway.

I open the door and notice that the boys aren't here yet. The backstage guys hands me my microphone and I thank him.

I can hear a majority of the crowd already out in the audience, talking, shouting and screaming. I poke my head out of the curtain a bit so some of them can see me and I hear screams erupt and I jump back from the curtain and laugh to myself.

I step back a few steps and just wait until I get my cue to go on stage. After the backstage guy says one minute my nerves come back a bit again.

I feel warm hands places on my shoulder and someone says 'boo!' in my ear making me jump up in shock.

I turn around and see Tris there and I sigh, "You scared the crap out of me." I say, panting and placing my hand to my heart as I feel in pump out of the chest.

"Oh come on suck it up you big baby." He laughs and I roll my eyes and whack him in the chest.

"Off you go." I hear from behind me and I poke my tongue out at him and turn around, running onto the stage.

The crowd erupts with loud cheers and I smile widely and squint at the bright lights.

"Hey guys!" I shout into the microphone as it's the only way to be heard.

"It's so amazing to be here with you guys because I'm a pure Bondi girl and you probably know that Bondi is not far from here. My whole family is in the audience somewhere tonight and when I mean my whole family I mean from my 75 year old grandma to my 3 year old cousin." I laugh and she crowd laughs.

"So I better get onto the singing now. So to open this amazing concert I will be singing 'Bind Your Love' this is one of my new songs and you can purchase it on iTunes now. This is the first time anyone is hearing it so you guys are lucky." I say preparing myself for the start of the song.

I start the song and the crowd screams and hollers.

Ooh, I don't care what anyone says

'Cause you and I are bigger than this

And I'll be there just keepin' my arms wide open

Ooh, they can try to pull us apart

I'll fight them but I'll cover your heart