Ch. 1 Adalind

POV: Adalind

Hey! My name is Adalind Catalina Rickson. I'm an actually princess and a werewolf. Well not just a werewolf, I'm also a vampire. The vampire part sets me apart from everyone else. I've always been a freak in everyone's eyes. The only people I can count on to look at me like a normal person is my family. I have a big family. I have seven eight grandparents. Three of them are biological though. My mother was adopted when she was just a baby.

She eventually found her birth parents who had their own separate mates. Their mates became my grand parents as well. Then I have four uncles. Simon is a month younger than me. I don't really call him uncle too much with us being the age. Its weird.

I have two siblings. An half older brother Cameron and my younger brother Tate. Cam and I are six months apart. Tate is 14 years old.

I have some cousins to. Uncle Liam has two kids, a set of twin boys. Uncle Devon doesn't have any. He hasn't met his mate yet. Uncle Luke and Aunt Penny are chosen mates. They have a Five year old little girl.

I've always been jealous of my brothers and cousins they get to go to school. See I'm one of those weird home schooled kids. Dad was scared if I went to school that I would be bullied because I'm a hybrid despite me being his daughter so he wouldn't send me to school. I couldn't go to a human school because that is just to tempting. I would more in likely lose control and feed on them.

I remember the first time I drank blood for the first time. I hadn't felt the need or hunger before then. I was six and Cam and I were playing and the blood lust hit strong. I tried to eat my brother. Dad thought we were arguing and came to stop us. Cam told him I was trying to bite him and I was still trying to. I even went after dad. Thats when he picked me up and demanded to know my problem.

I told him I was hungry so he tried to give me some food but that wasn't the food that I wanted. That food made me gag. The second I gagged dad had figured it out. You see I didn't actually know what I was after. I was just going off of instinct there. I hadn't fully grasped the concept that I was a hybrid nor did I understand it.

Dad took me down to the cells for the first time ever that day. They had some rogues that were arrested for murder down there. Dad took me to one of them. My dad's claws can paralyze anyone he scratches. He scratched the rogue. I was scared out of my mind.

The rogue couldn't move to fight back. Dad explained to me what was happening and told me it was ok to bite him. After I got the OK I just knew what to do. I bit right into his neck and fed. He didn't die. I couldn't drink that much. The rogue was bigger than me. I fed off of him again after a few days when I started having the feeling to feed again. Thats when dad and mom sat me down and explained the difference between me and everyone else.

I'm in control now but when I get around human blood its harder to control. I've always been different. I've never fit in anywhere.

I'm start university today. I get to go to actually school. I'm so excited yet so nervous. The university is a mixed supernatural school so it won't be so bad for me there.

The university is about four hours from the palace so I won't be to far from home. Dad specifically bought an estate close by the university for me to stay in. He doesn't want me to stay in the dorms. My dad is very protective of me.

I have always wanted to travel around the world. I would love to make a friend. Not one of those friends that is your family member. I have plenty of those. My major is going to be in archeology. I want to search for artifacts and experience culture. Go on an adventure.