Ch. 5 not accepted

POV: Adalind

I have been at university for a week now. Every class is great except for my history class. I only go to that class three times a week so thats good. I get two days break from my mate. Then there's the weekend. I have no classes then.

Caleb has been trying to get me to go to some frat party. I don't think so. One of the stipulations of me being here is I have to be home at a certain time and dad has to know where I am at all times.

If I tell him I'm going to some college frat party he would not approve. I could lie to him but I don't like lying to him. I'm already in one major lie to him I don't want to make it anymore.

I also don't think I would fit in at a party like that. I've never really been around that stuff. Cameron could go and he'd have no problems in fitting in. I'm the weird girl who is a freak of nature and probably some kind of cosmic mistake.

I've felt that way my whole life. I just think if I'm going to go to some kind of party here I should start small. A frat house party seems a little much for me right now.

Caleb says it's not all bad and he would not leave my side but I'm still unsure about it. Caleb is in this fraternity. Caleb said he could vouche for me and I could get into a sorority. I think dad would freak out if I did that. Maybe next year. I just want to get my footing in here first. Focus on my school work. I do have conditions to up keep. I can't just be partying all night.

I also think that this is so cliché. College kids partying all night and sororities and fraternities. It's so cliché. I came here with a goal and I don't plan on letting anyone get in my way.

I'm putting on my swim suit. I'm going to go for a little swim in the pool. Its still summer time technically. We're rearing the end of summer and going into fall. I am going to make the most of the rest of my summer.

Caleb was supposed to come over before his party to hang out but he had to go home to his dragon clan. Something about a tooth went missing and some scales. I don't know what that even means.

After my swim i lay out in one of the chairs. I enjoy the sun on my skin. Vampires aren't allergic to the sun like most think they are. We won't burst into flames or anything like that.

Vampires can be out in the sun but it does hurt to be for long periods of time. Most Vampires just stay inside during the day. It's like being tortured if a vampire was to be left out in the day for too long. Long time ago and some even still today do physically torture Vampires that way.

I don't feel this too much because I'm a hybrid. My wolf needs the sun. For me its like a dull head ache. It's nothing I can't handle.

My skin is paler than a normal werewolf. No matter how much or hard I try to tan my body won't. My body won't absorb much from the sun either.

Vampires have many abilities. I have not been able to practice any of them. I wasn't allowed to explore my vampire side too much. Dad said that it would make everyone uncomfortable. I never thought that was fare.

I know my family loves me and accepts me to a certain point. Deep down they never truly accepted what I am. They fear me. Mom has been the only one to truly and fully accept me. She goes behind dads back and let's me practice my vampire abilities.

She would even sneak books from the library on vampires for me so that I can read them and learn more. Dad knows nothing of this. He wouldn't like it. He doesn't like Vampires. Had I not been his daughter who knows what he would have done to me. That is the sad part about it I'm accepted because I am his daughter. They feel obligated to love and care about me but they never truly wanted me.

It became very apparent to me when dad started to have me hide my extra abilities and basically hid me from the world. It was like he was embarrassed to have me for a daughter. A pathetic hybrid. It's no wonder my mate doesn't want me. Dads the lycan king and my mate is the Vampire King. They hate each other.

These guards here are only protecting me because they have been ordered to. Its not because they feel the need to do it. They'd do it for Cameron and Tate I a heart beat without even being ordered to. This will never happen for me.

Am I jealous of my brothers? Yes I am. Am I going to act like aunt Caroline because of it? No. I just let it be. I have accepted the way things are. I have two people that fully accept me now. Mom and Caleb.

My abilities include those of a werewolf. My speed if faster than a normal wolf along with most of my physical traits like strength.

I can compell people. I have the power to look into someone's memories. I have no idea how to do any of these. I never got to practice or learn it. My control is minimal at best. Blood lust control was the one thing about a vampire I was allowed to learn and thats because it was a necessity.

I should go do some homework. I have a paper due next week for history and English. Then my first test will be next week on friday for English.

I get up from my spot and go inside and shower and change. Then I sit on the couch playing a movie in the background studying and starting on my papers.