Ch. 3 Birthday

POV: Adalind

I leave the the classroom. Did that really happen. "Andrea please tell me I'm dreaming." I beg my wolf. My mate or one, whatever that is doesn't want me. "Hey pinkie what took you so long? Class let out twenty minutes ago." Caleb ask gaining my attention.

"Oh nothing. The professor just held me back is all." I say not wanting to talk about it. "No something happened. Tell me who hurt you." He demands me.

I can feel the tears coming. "I met my mate. And he doesn't want me." I cry. "What?! You know what he doesn't deserve you. Now you tell me who this dick is so can kick his ass." Caleb hugs me.

"It was the professor. Professor Aiden Vandomir." I cry. "Huh. No way. Shit. The fucking Vampire King is your mate and he rejected you!?"

Vampire King? I didn't know. "Yes. Well he didn't officially reject me. He basically wants to torture me. He hates me because I have a wolf. He hate what I am. I should have known. No mate would ever want to be with Hybrid werewolf vampire." I say sadly.

"Hey don't think like that. Your awesome. Unique. I like that. Now don't we have a party to get to. I'm ready shake my ass." I laugh at him.

"Yeah let's go." I say. He follows me to my car and gets in. I drive us to the estate. "Hey Caleb do me a favor. Don't say anything to them about my mate."

"Yeah sure no problem. So tell me do you have any hot brothers?" He asks me. "Eww gross. Your not Cameron's type but feel free to hit on him anyway."

He laughs. We get out of the car and walk inside the house. I have Caleb stay back while I enter the kitchen where everyone is. "Hey I'm home."

"Oh hey. How was your first day?" Mom says excitedly. She never got the first day of school days with me. Now she has one and she wants to hear all about it. "It was good. I made a friend." I tell her. She gasps smiling. "A friend! Thats great. I'm so happy for you. When do I get to meet this new friend of yours. Oh its like your in pre k making you first friend." Mom cries.

"Well actually. Hey Caleb you can come out now." I move aside so Caleb can come into veiw. "Is this a friend or a mate?" Dad asks protectively. "A friend." I say. I am not telling them about my mate. Dad would freak and likely start a war.

"Did you meet you mate today. Anything significant happen today that I need to know about." Dad asks seriously. "No." I say plainly. He doesn't need to know about this.

"OK then." Dad says. Andrea has been sad since we met our mate. If dad ever finds out he is going to be pissed.

"Well its nice to meet you Caleb." Mom says. "You too Queen Haven." Caleb says. I laugh. "No don't do that. Mom hates being called Queen."

"Oh sorry I was just showing my respect." Caleb says. "Good man. As you should. I like that." Dad says. Respect is a big deal with dad.

"Where's Cam and Tate?" I ask. "Tate is chasing Lucy around. Cameron is off with Simon and Richard somewhere." Dad answers me.

"Well I'm going to go change and I will be down in a minute." I go upstairs to shower and change.

"Hey Andrea are you ok?" I ask her. She has said or moved around. I'm worried about her. I know she's hurting and so am I. Our mate does have want us.

She whimpers. "We have to try and win him over Addie. Want mate." She says finding some kind of hope. "Oh Andrea I'm sorry but he doesn't seem to want to budge. He hates us." Its true. He said so himself.

"No mate will love us. You will see. He did not reject us." She says. "I know but you heard him. That class is going to be hard."

I know she wants her mate. I do too. He had dark hair. His skin was a perfect tan. He's tall. He was hot. Unfortunately he hates me.

I should have known. Even if I was mated to a werewolf they would proceive me in the same way. They would hate me just because I was a hybrid. The only people that would ever want me is my family.

As I look in the mirror my eyes start to become blood shot and red. That familiar hunger hits me. It's time to feed again. Dad will drains some of the rogues in the cells that are sentenced to death or even some criminals of blood and saves the blood for me.

I have a freezer full of blood. I hurry up and finish my hair and rush down using my vampire speed. "What's the rush?" Cam ask me. He's now in the kitchen. I don't even answer him. I just go straight to the freezer taking a blood bag out.

I boil up some water and place the bag in the water to thaw and warm it up. As soon as it's done I poor it into a glass and drink the whole thing. "Better?" Cam asks. "Much." I answer.

"So you befriended a dragon who is also male." Uh oh, protective brother mode activated. "What is wrong with having a male as my friend?" I ask him.

"Nothing is wrong with it. Jax was my friend." Mom says. "Exactly mom. See how that turned out." Cam points out. I roll my eyes. "I am so not Caleb's type. You however are."

"Yes he is and what a sexy fine looking man he is. The things I would so to you." Caleb winks at Cameron. I laugh. "Look I know I'm sexy and all but you are not my type." Cam shuts Caleb down.

"You are just like your father. You think you are the most beautifulest thing to ever set foot on this earth." Mom says. "Well I am." Cam and dad say in unison.

We all roll our eyes at them. "Uncle your little monster will not leave me alone." Tate comes inside with my little cousin, Lucy wrapped around his leg. "Lucy get off of him now." Uncle Luke scolds Lucy.

Everyone wishes me happy birthday. We eat dinner and talk. It was nice. Then everyone sings and I blow the candles out. After cake I open all my presents. It was a great birthday over all even though in the back of my mind I just wish my mate could be here.