Ch. 2 His One

POV: Aiden

Who knows what the down fall to living for an eternity is? I do. You get bored. I have seen everything. Done everything. I speak over 1000 languages. Some are dead now.

I'm two thousand years old. I am the vampire king. My name is Aiden Vandomir. As of this decade I'm a history professor. What can I say I'm bored.

You may be asking yourself how do I run a kingdom and teach. Well one perk of being a vampire you have enhanced speed. I've been doing this for so long to so to sign a simple piece of paper or read one is done in the blink of an eye for me.

I'm teaching at this university that is for all supernaturals. Most get along. Some species don't. Vampires and werewolves don't. I hate wolves.

We weren't always like this though. You all can think her. Victoria. I once loved her. I was even thinking of making her my queen until she betrayed me.

She was a vampire. She had an affair with a wolf. Victoria had plans to over throw me. She was using me. She and her werewolf lover plotted against me. I of course killed them both on the spot. I've been bitter about it ever since. Our species have never gotten along since.

I tolerate the wolves and Lycans that attend the university. They aren't allowed to attend my classes either. They also know not to come anywhere near me or come near my classroom.

I have heard that the Lycan Kings little daughter will be attending the university. There have been rumors about her. They say she's a hybrid. A vampire hybrid.

If it is true then that girl is going to have a hard life ahead of her. She is stuck between two world. One she only knows her basic instincts of. The other she grew up in.

Not one of my kingdom would dare to help her. She would have had to learn it all on her own. Poor little thing how does she eat in a den full of wolves.

I'll have to remember to stay clear of her. I'm in no mood for war. Granted that could change at any time. War is always an option to cure my boredom.

Anyway I have a class to teach. Students start to pile in taking their seats. The most scrumptious smell hits me. I just want to sink my teeth in it. I could feed on whoever's blood that is all day.

I look up to find it. My eyes land on a girl in the front row with rose gold pink hair. Our gazes make contact. Its at this moment that I just know I'm fucked.

I can hear her heart pounding. Her eyes widen in surprise. I smell deeper into her scent. I know she my one. Vampires have a one or the one. Its our version of a werewolf or lycan mate.

I can smell her. She's a Hybrid. Not just any hybrid. She has a wolf. I can sense it. Fuck. This girl. This wolf is my one. In all of my two thousand years I have never met my one. A one is fated like a mate is. Both vampires and werewolves come from the same goddess. Selene has surly fucked me over.

I know one thing for sure I will not take a pathetic wolf as my one. She's just staring at me. Who is she?

A part of me says not to reject her. Thats the part that wants me to give in. The pull is strong I will say that. I know this much I'm not bored anymore. Perhaps playing with her wouldn't be such a bad thing. It doesn't mean I have to accept her though.