74

I sat on the couch with a glass of whiskey in my hands.

When Massimo asked what I wanted, all I could think of saying was whiskey so he got it for me.

"Thanks," I mumbled as he reached to pour more into my glass.

I forced a small smile and he gave a nod before returning the bottle to the slab.

"So what do you want to do?" He asked.

I hadn't thought of it yet, I just wanted to be out of the house.

It happened in such a rush; the invitation and getting to his place. I couldn't stop thinking of how different Luciano was acting.

He was acting all free and he barely said a word to me when h saw I was leaving the house.

As usual, I expected him to yell and ask me to change my outfit but he didn't.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I thought of what could have been going through his mind.

He didn't ask me where I was going to and he didn't give me a damn time to return home.

It was all making me uncomfortable to not know what Luciano was thinking and I couldn't hide it.

"Are you okay?" Massimo asked as he took a sip from his own glass.

I looked at him and gave a small nod trying to brush off the worry in my face. "Do you uh— do you have issues with Luciano?" I asked him and he paused.

He took a moment to look at me and then raised his brows.

"Maybe you should ask Luciano," he blurted.

I looked at him blankly and he chuckled.

"Of course I didn't mean it that way," he told me. "You know? The question was really abrupt and I had no idea what you wanted to hear."

I felt the urge to tell him that I wanted to know what happened between them and to know if they have an ongoing beef but I didn't.

"That's fine, nevermind," I said and reached to take a sip from it.

"Be careful how much of the whiskey you take," he teased and I smiled in response.

He was right. I didn't want to be in a situation where i'd be so lightheaded and unable to decipher things before saying.

"I'll get you some chips," he said and stood up. "That way you don't have to drink too much."

It was thoughtful of him so I gave a nod and watched him leave.

I looked around in one glance, marveled at how exquisite everything looked.

From his cushion to his couch, the tiles and even the lightening.

"Here," he said and handed a pack of chips to me.

"Thanks," I responded. "How do you have this much money? I mean— how can you afford to get this apartment and everything in it? It's just uh—"

"Unbelievable?" He interrupted me and laughed. "I'm the only child of my father, Tiff. He owns so many businesses and they're illegal."

"Oh," I mouthed.

I wasn't expecting him to be that honest and transparent with his response but maybe I was wrong about him.

He was truly telling me everything I wanted to know without keeping secrets and that made me smile.

"So—" he laughed. "Did that make you think of a means to escape?"

"What?" I asked laughing. "Of course not."

"Well I'm just asking. A lot of people run at the mention of the word illegal. I wouldn't blame you if you're one of them."

"Hmm."

"But tell me, what would you do if I said I was into illegal things too?"

I swallowed hard and tried to keep a blank face. I tried to act like it didn't mean anything.

"Nothing," I told him. "Luciano and my step dad are also involved in some illegal businesses. I actually like the sound of it— I guess."

I tried to sound so confident and he probably bought what I was saying.

"Sure about that?" He asked leaning forward to me.

He held my hands and he drifted down to my back and traced his hands behind me.

I tried to maintain composure and I smiled at him as his touches traced my body and let a grunt escape from my lips.

"I like it when you look at me this way," Massimo said.

"How?"

"This way," he said and brushed his hands against my earlobe and then to my neck.

I closed my eyes as his hands kept making its way around my body.

His touch was mild and sensational but I couldn't stop thinking of Luciano.

He was all I could think of even as Massimo's hands traced my body.

His lips brushed against mine and his tongues whirled around mine but I was too lost to reciprocate the passionate kiss.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he tilted his head to kiss my neck.

I kept mute for a second with my eyes shut. "Nothing Luciano, I'm just —" I paused the moment I realized I called the wrong name.

I tried to laugh and cover up. "I uh— that was a joke."

His hands froze and he paused looking agitated.

"I said I didn't —"

"Am I not enough?" He asked.

"No, I mean— that's not it."

"I have fucking done stuffs for you and if it wasn't for me, you'd be dead now."

His voice was hoarse and his jaw clenched.

"Massimo—"

"Shut the hell up and listen! You're alive because I love you, dummy!"

I swallowed the lump in my throat the moment his hands gripped me and he kissed me forcefully.

I tried to fight back but all I could do was cry as he took off my clothes.

He continued kissing me till he paused and stepped back.

He looked at my naked body and scoffed.

"I can not force you to have sex with me unless you really really want to," he said and looked away.

His voice was now calm as he balled his hands into a fist repeatedly.