75

I was trying hard to blur the memories but it was stuck in my head.

I couldn't believe Massimo could be that hostile and treat me in such a crazy manner. He wasn't stable and it scared me.

I grabbed the pencil on the table and turned to the drawing board. I tried to trace the dots into an image I tried to paint.

I kept doing it and after that, I reached for a darker shade and began shading the drawing.

It wasn't as beautiful as a professional artist would have had it, but it wasn't looking so bad either.

My art classes weren't in vain, at least. I was doing well enough and I just smiled as a way of appraisal.

I looked at the drawing to decipher what others would think of it when I thought of him..

I heaved at the thoughts of him and shook my head trying to brush off the thoughts.

I didn't want to think of Massimo and whatever happened. It's been a few days and I've been ignoring his calls since that day.

The voices in my head kept singing loud and made me blame myself for attracting such people; bad boys.

I couldn't bring myself to take the guilt or blame away so I tossed the pencil away.

I couldn't focus on my drawing in such a state of mind. I needed to do something to take away my mind from the mess it was creating.

I decided to get some sleep. It was the only way to escape from a day time mare.

I walked to my room and locked the door behind me. I didn't bolt it, I just pushed it till it closed behind me.

I walked to the bed and fell to the bed with my hands on my head. I scoffed at the images and then shut my eyes.

I closed it tightly and tried to sleep. I turned to the other side of the bed trying to get a more comfortable space.

I laid there for a few seconds staring at nothing in particular. I was just there, reminiscent of how things could have been different if I wasn't here.

"Fucking hell," I blurted when all attempts to fall asleep wasn't working and I kept creating scenarios in my head.

I stood up from the bed and took off my clothes.

I let my dress fall to the floor and then I walked to the bathroom and turned on the shower.

I let the water droplets falling on my body race down. I just stood there without saying a word or doing anything.

I just needed something to help me think better and a cold bath seemed like what I needed.

I took a deep breath and reached for the shampoo close by. I poured some into my hair and washed my hair gently as I stood there.

I loved the scent of the shampoo, it reminded me of so many things including how often my mom washed our hair when I was younger.

She has always been a fan of washing her hair regularly. When I began missing her dearly, I decided to get something to remind me of her and so I got the shampoo.

My bath ended after I got the last drop of shampoo out of my hair and I rinsed my body.

I reached for the towel and dried my wet skin. I tied the towel on my chest and walked out of the bathroom feeling a little better.

Well, it wasn't a farce that a cold bath was one of the recommended things to keep your head from falling.

As I dried my body with the towel, I picked up my phone and dialed Gladys' number.

All I wanted was to talk of random things and the only person I could think of calling was Gladys.

When she picked up her call, a small smile crept on my lips.

"Hey there," she said. "Someone misses me already?"

I wasn't exactly missing her but yeah, it didn't sound bad. "I guess so," I responded and she laughed.

"So what's up?"

"I just got some clothes from this 5-star boutique!"

"Really? What's the occasion?" I asked her.

"Oh, common Tiff! Do I need to have an occasion before I can take myself out on a nice treat?"

"Not really, but I just thought maybe—"

"I get it," she interrupted. "Just searching for stories, hm?"

I laughed.

"Want to hear one? I met someone."

"You did?" I asked her. "But I thought you had a man named —"

"Massimo," she answered. "But I never said I was in a relationship with him. You should know me Tiff, I don't do relationships. They restrain you and I'm not up for that."

I laughed at her justification and at how right she was. She was right, relationships are always going to act like restraints.

"So are you going to continue with the story or do I have to open a youtube channel first?"

"You silly ass," she cussed and we burst into laughter.

"Nothing serious though. He's from Baltimore and he has this accent that I cant even place."

"Hmmm."

"Yeah, you know I'm quite picky. That's by the way! I've got plans for the night."

"Really? What plans?"

"We should go to a club tonight. What do you think?"

"Tonight?" I asked.

"Of course. Look, we're going to sneak into the VIP session and we'll get the big fishes. They're always there and we don't have to do much to get a catch."

"Sound uh— good."

It actually sounded like a good idea.

"Good. So see you at 7pm?"

I thought of the time and it sounded perfect too. Since I had some time before 7, I decided to talk to Luciano about Massimo.

I should at least know why they hate themselves.

"Yeah," I answered. "7pm sounds good."

Just as the call ended, I heard noises from outside.

I paused and then took a moment before tiptoeing to the sitting room.

"Oh shit," I blurted when I saw Luciano and Massimo standing across each other with guns pointed at themselves.

My heart skipped.

Thses two are really unstable.