138: you gonna be a great dad

I folded the clothes and put them in the small bag. I folded a singlet and then paused to think of what else I needed to add.

The door squeaked open and Luciano strode in. I turned in his direction and frowned. “Why didn’t you knock?” I asked him.

He scoffed and that made me frown more. “What the hell is funny Luciano? You came into my room without knocking.”

“You have to relax,” he said non chalantly. “There’s no big deal, besides are you trying to run away?”

He was now pointing at my bags and he laughed as he said it. “Such an asshole,” I cussed under my breath.

“I heard that,” Luciano said.

“Well I’m glad.” I paused and turned back to face him. “But really, you should learn to knock. I could have been naked or even fixing my tampons.”

“I’ve seen it all,” he smirked. “all of you and you wont be needing any tampon.”

A grim line appeared on my face and I squeezed my jaw. “You know what? just get out of here aleady!”

“Hey, easy. Easy Tiff,” he said the moment he noticed I was getting angry. “I just wanted to check up on you, that’s all.”

His eyes lit with sincerity so I just swallowed hard and looked at him. “Why? I mean—why did you change?”

He looked at me briefly and turned his vision toward something else. “Because I can’t live without you, Tiffany.”

I felt goosebumps on my body at that moment but I brushed it off with a cough. “And our parents?” I asked him. “What are we going to tell my mom and uh—your dad?”

“Don’t worry about it, I’ll take the blame.”

“Even though. It doesn’t change the fact that—” before I could finish my sentence, Luciano leaned forward and kissed me without warning.

His lips on mine felt like life. He tasted like mild gin and I could spot the lemon taste his lower lip had. I was lost in my thoughts and felt an overpowering urge to get more. As my hands reached his waist and I traced my hands lower, he stopped me.

“Mhhhm,” he maoned into my mouth and broke the kiss. I opened my eyes and for a moment, I just licked my lip.

“You’ve got to relax,” he teased and smirked.  How dare he tell me to relax when he just tempted me with the sexiest lips ever.

“Im hungry,” he said. “But I need to confess.”

“Confess about what?” I asked him and raised my brows at him.

“Fine,” he scoffed. “I burnt the meal I was trying to make.”

“What?” I yelled at him. “Common, Luciano! It’s still early.”

“I promise that it wasn’t intentional. I don’t know.. it just—”

”Oh shit, just go ahead already.”

He walked in front and I followed him. We went straight to the kitchen and I saw the mess he made.

“You know what?” I said and as usual, he asked.

“This mess you made reminds me about my childhood.”

“Really?” he asked and raised his brow at me.

“Yeahhhhhhh. It reminds me of how I’ll try to make a meal then mess up the whole place and my mom would just keep yelling about how much of a pest I am.”

Luciano laughed out so loud. “Did she really say that?”

“Of course!! You have no idea the numerous things she’d say. I did frustrate her though. I played a lot of pranks on her that she almost disowned me.”

“No way,” he laughed and I joined in the laughter too. It felt so good hearing him laugh. “So how about you?” I asked. “How was your childhood like?”

“Uh—” he said and paused. “I definitely did not have such relationship with my father. The uh—the type that you had with your mom where you played pranks and all that.”

“So what did you have?” I asked and leaned on the counter.

“Well I took a lot of lessons on how to go about my father’s business and fight. My Dad took the fight lessons so you can imagine how difficult it must have been trying to meet up. I was so scared f him and even when I got tired, I never dared to say it out.”

“Damn,” I said at the end of his sentence. “Anything else?”

“Well, due to the fact that I was a trained fighter, sometimes I just found trouble. I enjoyed being troublesome cause I knew there was no way they’d beat me. It really was a flex for me at some point.”

“Tell me no one ever won you.”

“Sadly, someone did. He was also trained as a child and it happened that he knew more tecniques than I did.”

“How did you feel about it?”

“About what exactly?” he asked as he passed a bowl of water to me.

“About losing to someone else. Remember no one ever won you.”

“Oh yeah. No hard feelings till it got to my father’s ear and it felt like I failed him.”

“Hmmm,” I mouthed. Luciano didn’t have a normal childhood cause he was so scared of his father and was doing everything possible to make his father proud of him.

“What’s that?” Luciano asked when he noticed I was lost in my thoughts.

“Nothing,” I answered. “I was just thinking-- you didn’t really have a childhood filed with fun and all. You’ve always been so cautious and—”

“It’s okay,” he told me. “I’ll make my kids love me and not be scared of me. I’ll always be there for them.”

“You’ll be a good dad.”

“I will,” he said and kissed me softly on my lips.

“Here, let’s eat.” I placed the pizza on the plate and realized I burnt it. “Oh no.”

“We’ll have it like that, probably just scrap the burnt part,” Luciano suggested and I gave a nod. “Good idea.”

We sat down laughing and eating. At that point, I was just so glad to have him in my life.