79

MASSIMO'S POV
(The Pov Y'all Have Being Waiting For)

     A small grunt escaped my lips as I turned the bandage over my would gently.

    I didn't want to think of a way to pay back yet, so I just distracted myself by using the bandage to cover the wounds.

I knew Luciano would want to see me after the fight, especially since Tiffany saw that. As expected, he came looking for me, that’s why I stashed the gun in my jacket.

He said he only wanted to talk so I lowered the gun and led the way to the abandoned alley.

The plan was to walk out of here without complications. Well, like always, shit just got complicated.
That son of a bitch really stabbed me!

"What the hell happened?" Gladys screamed as she walked into me placing the bandage.

A grunt escaped my lips and I paused before trying the bandage again.

"What the hell happened to you?" Gladys asked again like I didn't hear her the first time.

"Answer me Massimo, you're getting me scared," she said and her scowl deepened.

"Just go," I responded.

"What the fuck do you mean by that? Tell me what happened to you and who did this to you. I deserve to know everything," she said and lowered her stance to reach me.

I was getting irritated already. I just needed some time alone to wrap up the wound and think but Gladys wasn't letting me have that.

Her hands touched my things and I could be her getting all touchy as she looked at me.

"You know i'd do anything for you Luciano. All you have to do is to talk to—"

"Get the fuck out of here!!" I yelled and pushed her off me. She flinched, taking her hands off me.

"Don't you dare remain here," I blurted and kicked her as I walked away from her.

"You're such an asshole and I hate you!!" She cussed from the floor but I didn't respond to that.

I walked out and met a brunette waiting for me outside.

"Hi," she said.

I stared at her till I realized the was the nurse meant to clean my wounds.

"You're the—"

"Nurse," she responded with a nod. "Can I have a look?"

"Yeah, come in."

The walked in and began unpacking her first aid box.

"I'll need you to rest on your back and stay still," she told me as she dropped the dissector on the table beside her.

"I'll suture this a bit. Here's a pain killer so it doesn't hurt much."

I gave a nod and slightly groaned when the needle was shook into my body.

She touched my stomach trying to get a symmetry. She then pulled the edges of the cut together and, for each stitch, she looped the thread through the side of the cut and tied a knot to hold the wound closed.

It wasn't the first time I was getting sutured. Living by kind of life called for different types of wounds.

As I remained there, I closed my eyes and all I could think of was Luciano.

How we always were as kids. I fell in love with him and he felt the same way about me. Everything was going fine and I thought we could have a future together.

It made me swallow hard to remember all those memories. We always talked about how we could create the strongest mafia but Luciano's father had other plans. Zino was a greedy man and—

He was a liar and thinking of how Tiff also lied, made me clench my fist in anger.

I couldn't believe she told Luciano such a thing about me and I remembered the nudes she sent me.

I stood up from the bed when the nurse was done and walked into the bathroom.

I closed the door behind me and exhaled audibly. I turned on the tap and washed off the blood from my hands and body.

I picked up my phone and dialed my father's number. I waited for him to pick and after the first ring, he picked up.

"Massimo."

"Father I—"

"Don't tell me you're calling to tell me of another loss. You're weak Massimo and I don't expect this. I should have given your step sister an authority. I will make her the heir because she seems man enough."

Not now! Not again!!

"Father just allow me speak, I'm trying okay? I'm trying to be that man you want but—"

"But what?" He sneered. "You've failed again."

The call ended before I could say anything so I tossed the phone away and fell to my knees.

I'm human so it didn't take long before my eyes got teary and my heart squeezed.

What my father wanted from me was difficult. I love Luciano and hurting him wouldn't be an easy task for me.

My father would never listen to that anyway, all he wanted was for me to get Tiffany since it would hurt Luciano.

I dialed the next number, my mom.

"Mom—" I called with a shaky voice.

"Sweetheart— is everything alright?"

I shook my head like she could see me.

"I'm just broken mom.."

"I understand that my son. Real men cry too and it's okay.. All you have to do is follow your head cause your heart belongs to another."

  She was right. My heart belongs to Luciano.

"But dad doesn't think I'm man enough.. He keeps saying I'm a disappointment." I said finally crying.

It wasn't embarrassing, Instead, it was so refreshing to cry to my mother.

"I know, but he's wrong okay? You're not a loser son."

I gave a small nod at her assurance. "I promise to free you mom."

I ended the call and washed my face. I needed to get my emotions in check cause no one sees me broken.

When I was done washing, I looked at my reflection in the mirror and marvelled at how eased I felt after the call.

I walked out of the bathroom and walked into Gladys who hadn't left.

She noticed the smile on my face but I wasn't paying too much attention to her.

"Massimo," she called. "I know Luciano is broken."

I paused and looked at her. "How do you know that?"

"Tiffany told me."