113: k!lol or be k!lled

The call from the hospital made a wave of  absolute relief washed over me. I didn't know how I'd feel or think if the results had been positive, I literally will pull Tiffany away from everyone then figure how how to deal with the whole issue. More relief washed over me as I realized were already home, it made me feel slightly more at ease.

I didn't release the news to her yet, I wanted her to freshen up before breaking the news to her. I also needed some rest. As I walked to the kitchen to get some juice, she was trying to make dinner.

I walked to my room after seeing she was doing all other random things. I took a quick shower and had a change of comfy clothes. When I decided it was time to reveal the news, I took a deep breathe. It's about time to let the cat out of the bag.

Finally getting the nerves to speak, I made my way to Tiffany's room. I didn't bother to knock because I was used to doing that, however, what I saw when I entered took me by surprise and I averted my eyes immediately.

There she was, almost naked, caught off guard by my sudden appearance. Feeling incredibly awkward and shamed, I quickly excused myself and hurriedly retreated from the room. Damn! Why didn't I knock! My mind spun with thoughts of what I had just witnessed, unable to shake off the sight from my memory. She was all naked from her waist to legs then only half of her bra covered her breast.

My body reacted immediately and I found myself wanting my step sister. My dick stood erect and I hoped it doesn't get noticed.

I cursed silently and could have banged my hand on her door but I didn't want to give her additional fright. After what seemed like about four to five minutes , I mustered up the courage to return to Tiffany's room. This time, I made sure to knock before entering, and obviously , I waited to be answered.

"Come in." She said and I entered. She was sitting facing her dressing mirror.

Gathering my strength back, I started.

"I apologise for barging into your room, I should have knocked, I'm deeply sorry." I said and went on, "so, uhm, the hospital called, the lab results are out and then..." I watched her pay every attention to what I was saying, she seemed eager and attentive. So as not to make her feel eager to death, I spoke again. "Tiffany, the results says..."

"Speak already, why the suspense?"

"You're not pregnant. It's just stress and fear, you've not been eating much, that explains the weight loss and you've been up and down, that explains the stress, and this whole video and photos issues explains the fear. You're not pregnant, Tiff."

"Thank you, Luciano. I feel so glad and relieved to hear you say this, thank you so much." She was really grateful I shared the information but immediately, she said, "you may leave now."

I felt hurt!
I thought I would have being allowed to stay a bit longer with her. Even kd I can't touch her, can't I at least stay with her. Just to watch her beautiful face?

Let me fix this.

"But..." I started to protest but she gave me a mean look that made me smile ruefully and made my way to the door.

I couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness. I really wanted to talk to her, to be there for her, and assure her everything will be absolutely fine, but I was at a loss for words. How could I comfort her when I myself was struggling to find solace in the midst of everything and anything?

I love Tiffany.
She is the only person that had made me felt this kind of love.

With so much sadness in me , I went to my own room. I thought of getting drunk with whisky or any hard drink I have at home, but my mind turned to the other proble inms I was battling with. My enemies, the ones I might have developed myself and the ones I might have, because of my father, not to mention the ones he made over the years.

I contemplated reaching out to him afterall. I took my phone, not waiting for my contemplation to end with a negative decision and I called him. It went on ringing for the first time and switched to voicemail, the second time went straight to voicemai but the third one was ringing. With each attempt going unanswered.

I considered confiding in my stepmother, opening up about the troubles with Massimo, school, and Tiffany's nude flying all over the campus, but the fear of her disapproval held me back.

I contemplated telling my father about Massimo but the dark secrets he shared with Massimo's father made me forget that thought. He wouldn't want to hear about that, especially if he knew how much Massimo hurt Tiffany, he might get so mad and kill him.

Also, there's no how Tiffany will get pregnant and her mother wouldn't know the father of the baby, that means she'll know Massimo's dad and every other dark facts attached to it.

I know my father revered his wife so much, and the thought of her knowing about the darker aspects of his life weighed heavily on his conscience, even I, cannot tell her anything. She really adores me, if she finds out what Tiffany and I had done together, she'd probably kill me herself.

Just when I couldn't bear the unease any longer, I felt I was going to crumble so I grabbed my keys to go out to a bar, my phone began to vibrate, I saw the caller ID and hesitated before picking up the phone, my heart raced with apprehension but I didn't pick. The ring came again and I swallowed hard before answering the phone.

"Good day, father." I said, trying to sound casual.

"How are you doing son?"

"Very good."

"I just saw your call now, I wanted to put a call to you later today but now that you initiated the call, I'll just tell you what." He paused and I could visualise him with his heated tobacco. "I have a plan for us, a family plan, it's really fantastic. I'm thinking what don't we all return to Italy, it'd be great, you know, going back to the old and peaceful country side."

Peaceful country?
Well, the country seem peace but tye family wasn't.

I mustered a reply, "very well, father."

I assured him that he was okay, all the while I was anxiously waiting to hear the rest of what he father had to say.

"The worst thing I'll ever agree to is accepting that man close to any of my family, I just can't forget it at all. The insults I received from him yesterday made me so angry." My breath was caught in his throat as I listened intently, desperately searching for what to say.

"Father, may I know the reason for this whole hate? I mean, Massimo's family. it's not clear to me."

It took father a while to talk, "that's so long but I'll brief you." He took a deep breathe and started, "your late mother had been in a relationship with Massimo's father in their younger years, until I asked her to court me, we were really in love, it showed Massimo's father loved her more, but we needed to still stay in a secret affair, we ran away and then your mother got pregnant. Her disappearance made Massimo's father believe she had died, stirring up even more anger and resentment."

He continued, "worse still, your maternal grandfather put me in charge of all he had and that made Massimo's father even angrier, I thought he'd kill me since. I was totally in charge of almost all the prominent places in Italian including Rome, that made Massimo's father neglected and forgotten."

I knew he had more to say but I didn't press for more information. It was apparent that there was a deep-rooted family feud.

Summoning all his courage, I dared to speak. "Can I not kill Massimo?" The words hung heavy in the air, the weight of revenge palpable.

To my surprise, father responded not with an affirmation, but with a profound choice. "Kill or get killed, son. That's the rule," he said.

As the call ended, I was left with a heavy heart and a mind filled with worries.