107: The talkative

I'm not sure how many seconds already passed but I knew it was almost three minutes since my mom started the whole story.

  It was obvious that she was happy because whenever that woman vgets happy, everyone around must share from her happy story. She would even try to include you to the happy and for some moment, I wondered why she got into that accident.

Well, good thing she had that accident because if she haven't, she would have being dead the time those strange people came to kill Luciano and I.

"I'm serious Tiff, it gets tiring but I can try to attempt it."

"Also," she continued. "He's been a good boy and he's been calling me often."

I was lost in my thoughts and had no idea what she was talking about now. Simply as confused as you are, I swallowed hard.

"Tiff."

I blinked.

"Tiffany," she called a second time. "Are you listening to me?"

"Uh, yes mom. I am listening. I'm just uh—"

"It doesn't sound like it," she said with disbelief.

"Mom I swear that I heard you."

"What did I say?" She questioned trying to test me.

I swallowed hard and tried to trace my mind to what the whole discussion was centered on. I racked my brain for a few seconds trying to figure it out then I shook my head.

"Luciano," I muttered. "He's uh— he's been calling you and you find it cute that your step son calls you even more than I do and uh—"

"You sound jealous," she said but she was only teasing and I could sense it from her voice.

"Right."

"Tiffany," she called.

"Yes mom?" I answered. "Is there anything else you want to tell me?"

"Your Step dad is angry. He's been pissed for a while now but uh— I'll take care of it."

"Mom."

"Don't worry about it Tiffany, I just thought of telling you but you shouldn't worry about it. I'm sure I can deal with it."

I didn't respond because I was still trying to figure out what exactly was happening.

A lot of thoughts coursed through my head and all I did was to figure out what could be the problem.

"Are you there?" My mom asked again when she didn't get a response.

"Tiffany?"

I shook my head back into consciousness. "Yes mom, yes uh—"

"You're acting strange. You've been acting so strange since the call started. What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong, Mom. I'm listening to you."

"But you're not saying anything. No response and I just have the feeling that something is wrong."

"That's a wrong feeling mom. Really, i'm alright. I'm just uh— eating. That's why i'm not responding quickly."

A moment of silence followed. It felt like she as trying to analyze what I just said.

"Mom," I called in an attempt to distract her from her analysis. "Do you have any idea how funny it is to pile up crumbs in your mouth and when you're called, you just have to eat so hastily that you feel your teeth ache?"

"Oh wait! What about when you dress up and there's a patch? I can't believe it happened to one of our neighbors," I said laughing.

I'm not sure any of my jokes sounded funny but I just wanted to act funny.

"Tiffany, are you okay?"

Her voice was calm and it pierced through my chest. She obviously saw through my boring jokes.

I felt the sudden urge to tell her. To tell her that I wasn't okay and somehow, I was in love with my step brother.

Everything in me wanted me to day a word but I couldn't. I couldn't bring myself to say a thing.

"Yeah," I blurted out in response.

I kept calm for a few seconds more trying to think of a possible way to get over this feeling.

Should I just say it?

I kept wondering what she'd say when she finds out.. Was she going to judge me? Scold me?

Nobody praises their children when there's something like this happening. I knew how it could destroy everything if investigated so I thought against it.

I couldn't afford to ruin my mom's day and have her worrying about my nudes. It was my mess and I needed to take care of it myself.

By the time I shook my head back into consciousness, I figured she had said a few more words but I wasn't attentive.

"Uh— what was that?" I asked trying ro make her repeat her last sentence.

That could help me understand what's she's been saying.

"I said I don't get it," she told me. "It's unlike you, Tiffany."

"I know mom— it's just my period," I told her.

"Your period?" She asked suspiciously. "But the date already passed."

Oh shit.

"Mom I have to go, I'll call you later.. Bye, love you," I said in a haste and ended the call.

I swallowed hard and used my hands to hold my head. "Holy shit, please no."

I just realized I haven't actually seen my period and there is a possibility I could be pregnant.

The thought of it alone made goosebumps appear on my body.

Could I be pregnant for Luciano?

"Oh shit, no."

I quickly reached for my phone and picked it up. I turned to the door and tried getting out but the door wouldn't open.

"What the hell is happening," I muttered under my breath and kept trying to open the door.

"He fucking locked me," I cussed and quickly dialed Luciano's number.

I couldn't bring myself to think straight. I kept worrying about the possibility of—

The beep tone dialed in my ear and I shut my eyes.

I had no idea how this would turn out— the fact that Luciano wasn't picking his call made me panic.

I tried to sit down and took a deep breath. I puffed out air and then held my lips in a brim.

I had no idea what to do so I scrolled through  my phone searching for nothing in particular.

A notification popped and I looked at it.

"Holy fuck," I muttered.

It was Gladys and— it was a video of her having sex with two strangers. My brows furrowed as I saw the video and how she got talking throughout.

She was much of a talkative even while fucking.

I swallowed hard without knowing how to feel. I had no idea if I should be sad or happy.

She is just a fucking talkative!