77

I stood there watching Tiffany get pissed. She kept yelling and asking for answers but I couldn't give any.

"Please calm down," I told her and tried to take a deep breath.

She was making a big deal of everything and even though I was trying to understand things from her view, it didn't change the fact that she was overreacting.

"Tiffany calm down."

"Don't fucking tell me to calm down!!!" She yelled in a high pitch. "Don't you fucking tell me that! What the hell is this? What is this about Luciano?"

"You have to listen to me and keep your voice down or else —"

"Or else what?" She asked interrupting me. "You'll lock me up or shoot me? Maybe beat me up like you did to him?"

"Just stop!!" I yelled back. "Don't make things any harder."

She heaved and then swallowed the lump in her throat before turning to me.

"Tell me Luciano, what have I done?"

"What?" I asked her, not getting what she meant by that question.

She trailed her hands through her hair and scoffed.

"Fucking answer me Luciano!! What have I done?"

"Tiffany calm down and let us talk. I don't know what you're talking about."

"Of course you don't," she sneered. "I know about your family being in the mafia and all that fucking shit but I don't want this! I don't want to be involved in a life dangerous like this. I want a normal life Luciano. A fucking normal life."

"Your life cannot be normal because of me," I told her.

She stood there with clusters in her throat and her eyes teary from so much anger and frustration.

I took a step forward and held her hands when she yanked her hand away and slapped me instead.

"Tiff," I said as I raised my hand to touch my face that she slapped. I held her and even when she kept struggling to pull away from my hold, I kept holding her.

"It's okay Tiff," I said. "Just calm down. I got you Tiff."

"Leave me alone!!" She yelled but my muscular arms were wrapped around her and she couldn't break free.

I felt her tear drops fall on my shirt but I didn't move. I let her remain there crying.

"It's fine," I assured her. "I got you."

"I don't want to be here," she cried. "I don't want all of this— it's draining Luciano."

"Hey, that's okay," I said and she pulled away from my hug gently.

I let her go since she was no longer violent. She stepped back and I watched her.

At that point, I realised my gun was missing.

Shit.

I turned in Tiffany's direction and she immediately pointed the gun at me.

"Don't you dare come close," she warned.

"Tiff—" I called. "Just drop the gun."

"I want out of your life or I'll shoot," she told me.

I hated whenever Tiffany acted on impulse cause she was capable of doing just anything.

The other time I dared her to shoot, she did and I was only lucky there was no bullet in the gun.

Now that there was bullet, I couldn't think of her pulling the trigger.

"Tiffany just—"

"Just shut up and stop calling my name!" She yelled.

I paused and just looked at her. Her hands were shaking but she kept holding the gun and pointing it to me.

"Shoot."

I wasn't going to stop her anymore. A part of me knew that she wouldn't be able to do this.. Tiffany can't kill me.

"What are you waiting for?" I asked her. "Common, go ahead and pull the trigger."

"I'm going to fucking shoot you and you'll be dead."

"I'll die for love," I defended. "That's something."

She scoffed and as she adjusted the gun I swallowed hard.

"You won't even be able to leave," I told her. "That's why you want me dead right? To be free but my men won't let you leave unless I tell them to."

"Ourgh!!!" She screamed and raised her hands to touch her hair. "I hate being followed!!!"

I heaved and then turned to leave when I heard the gun clocked.

My heart skipped and I turned, only to see Tiffany pointing the gun to the floor.

My eyes fell to the gun and I saw that the gun was empty.

Tiffany felt to her knees and began sobbing. "I just want a normal life!" She cried out. "Why is that so hard to have?"

Not sure she wanted a response, I just remained quiet.

A small smile crept on my lips when I figured it was Massimo who emptied my gun. We used to do it to each other years ago and I never felt more pleased.

"Listen Tiff, you should get some rest. You need to nap.".

She didn't respond at first so I lowered my stance to her. "You need to rest Tiff, it will help you feel better."

She looked at me with her glassy eyes and sniffed back the tears.

"Just get some rest okay?"

I helped her up, and she gave a small nod in response. "I'm sorry," she mumbled and I reached to wipe her face with my hands.

She turned to leave and my eyes fell to her neck and then her arms. She had bruises and they looked new.

There was no way I could have given her such bruises because I haven't touched her in a while.

Anger suddenly rushed me but more than that, I felt a flush of fear at the realization that Massimo may have raped her.

I walked out and slammed the door behind me. As I got to the elevator, I picked up my phone and dialed one of my men's number.

"Boss," he answered when the call connected.

I took a few seconds before responded.

"I need you to keep a close eye on Tiffany. Don't let her out of your sight."

"Okay Boss," he responded and I dropped the call. I shoved the phone back into my pocket.

He dare not hurt her and go free.