141: Stabbed

The moment I got home, I threw my keys on the table and gave an audible sigh. I had no idea how else to calm myself down.

I reached for my pockets and brought out my phone. I dialled my father’s number and waited for him to pick up the call.

When the call kept ringing without him picking, I swallowed hard and used my hands to trace my hair. I waited for a moment before I called again and luckily, he picked this time.

“Father—“ I called hastily. “I’m.. I’m ready,” I told him and held my hand in a fist.

“You’re not sure,” he said.

“Father I’m sure.” I swallowed the lump forming in my throat. “I’m ready and i—I have a request.”

“Which is?”

“I want my mother released from the dungeon. That is my demand and—”

His laughter from the other end was audible and chaotic. He ended the call without a response so I felt triggered.

I threw my phone away and cussed at him. He want Tiffany for my mother and I have her!

Well, Gladys technically have her for now.

I lowered myself to the couch and tried to calm myself down while waiting for information. I checked my wristwatch and saw time was far gone. Gladys hadn’t called yet so I picked up the phone to call her myself.

The phone was ringing but she wasn’t picking up which was unlike her cause she was always with her phone. I swallowed hard and tried it again.

“Hey,” she said as soon as the call connected.

“Damn Gladys, I’ve been calling you since and uh—look, where’s Tiffany now? Where are you taking her to? Send me the---” The beep tone sounded in my ear. “Hello? Gladys?” I called and realized she had ended the call on me.

I dialed her number again but Gladys already blocked me. 

“What the fuck is wrong with this bitch?!” I yelled and ran my hands through my hair. I scoffed and tried to think of the possible way this could go wrong.

I kept walking back and forth cause I couldn’t be calm. I was paranoid and it was written all over my face. I turned to the window and then I paused. Something was wrong.

The windows were broken and anyone would be able to guess that it was an attack.

Everything in me told me who to suspect so I calmly turned to the door. As I walked out expecting to see Luciano, my eyes darted around and I saw my men on the floor.

“Fuck,” I blurted and immediately brought out my phone. I called 911 as fast as I could and placed the phone on my ear.

I am in another man’s land so I was trying to figure a way out. I needed to get Luciano arrested so I dialled the number waiting for a response.

“How smart can you be?” Luciano asked from behind. I turned to face him.

“You’re a chicken Massimo,” he said and at that point he shot. I ducked, trying to find cover. 

“Tiffany is all I have so why did you do it?” he yelled and fired at me. I quickly pulled out my gun from my back and pointed it at him while holding the trigger.

We kept shooting at ourselves till I ran out of bullets. He tossed his gun away and then signalled me.

“Lets see if you’re anything more than a chicken,” Luciano said and came running toward me with full force. I tried to move away but it was a little too late. He used his arm to shove me off and tried punching me.

He threw the first fist, I ducked.

He ducked as I threw and then we stood panting. He returned with a kick but was too slow so I held his legs and used it to get him down. He growled as we fought and wrestled.

I couldn’t tell him that I didn’t have Tiff cause that would mean explaining everything including the whole plan to him.

I threw punches at him as a way of defending myself from him. I spat out blood and shifted back. He looked at me with so much anger in his eyes. I could see it but there was nothing I could say or do.

“You fooled me!!” Luciano yelled sounding so pissed. “This was you.”

“No,” I blurted. ”You’ve got this wrongly,” I added. Just as I was about explaining to him, he grabbed a gun beside him and pointed it at me. He pulled the trigger but the gun was empty.

He tossed it away in anger and at that point, I knew Luciano would kill me.

“Take it easy, I can explain okay? Luciano.. you know I care about you. it was just—”

“Fuck you!!” he cussed. “I just want to know where she is. Tell me where the fuck Tiffany is.”

“That’s it. I don’t know where she is.” I was being honest as fuck but Luciano wasn’t even listening to me.

“She’s carrying my child!!!!!” he yelled again and I paused.

“Would you have known if I didn’t tell you?” I asked him. “My mother was locked in and I had no choice. I had no fucking choice!” I paused to catch my breath. “I could have killed you Luciano but I didn’t, I saved your life.”

“To hell with saving my life!! Is that why you did this. Huh? Answer me!!!” he yelled and took a step forward to close the distance between us. Luciano was charged and I felt an adrenaline rush as he came closer.

That was the face I saw last years ago. The same face when he shot me. That face looked like he would kill me.

Out of fear, I shoved out the dagger from my sleeves and stabbed him twice. The moment Luciano groaned and fell to the floor holding his stomach, I realized what I did.

“No.. no..  no, fuck!!” I stammered and looked at Luciano on the floor. He was struggling and fighting for his life.

My heartbeat increased and I swallowed hard. I threw the dagger away and ran as fast as my legs could carry me.