139: Thr party

"gosh! I feel so bloated!"

I glanced over at the two dresses on the bed and frowned.

I didn't know which to wear and that alone was making me feel mad. I held the blue gown and it looked at it one more time.

I turned to pick up the turtle neck top and tossed it away. Who wears a turtle neck top and skinny jeans to a party? That shit look like what to wear to a class or church.

"So annoying!" I groaned.

Even if anyone did, I didn't want to be part of that. I hit my forehead gently and looked at the blue gown.

I wore it carefully and then looked at myself in the mirror but then—

"What are you doing?" I asked the moment I sighted Luciano from behind.

He smiled softly and then wrapped his hands around his arms. "Just watching you."

I scoffed because I didn't need anyone watching me look so confused and irritated and unable to pick an outfit.

"What's the matter?" Luciano asked looking around. I already made a mess of the whole room and I still has a bunch of dresses on my bed that I hadn't made any choice from.

"Tell me what the problem is," he said and leaned on the wall. "I can help— I think."

I rolled my eyes and pointed around. "I can't seen to find a dress to wear to the party."

"I see," he laughed.

"It's not funny."

"But these are clothes. Why ain't they much of a pick?"

"They uh— they don't fit. Look," I said and touched my stomach. "I'm bloated and getting fat so there's no way the dress will look on me."

"Are you sure you're just bloated?" He asked me and I swallowed hard.

"Yeah of course. You're the one who's making me eat a lot lately."

"Not me." He raised his hands.

"Of course it's you," I said and rolled my eyes.

"But I'm not the one who are in the middle of the night yesterday. That's so much for acting away."

"I did not just wake up to eat in the middle of the night," I said in defense. "Thing is, I skipped dinner cause I was uh— really sleepy so I just said i'd eat later. That's what happened. I didn't just walk into that kitchen to eat."

"That's what you'd say of course."

"Yes— because that's what happened. I wish I had something to shove on your face right now," I told him. "Tiff you are bloated because he keeps making you eat a lot. Yes that's it."

I rolled my eyes at him and he just chuckled lightly.

"Hmmm. Want to hear my opinion?" Luciano asked when he stopped chuckling.

I turned to look at him and thought of it for a second.
"I think so," I scoffed. "I'm already going crazy from not being able to make a pick."

"I think you should wear the dress I got you," he said.

I gave a nod and grabbed it from the wardrobe. I wore it but paused. It's tight," I told him.

"But looks amazing. I mean— you look amazing in it."

I felt butterflies in my tummy as we walked to the car together. I was excited to be going to the party. It's the first I'd be attending in five damn months.

When we got to the venue, I could hear really loud music and everything just seemed amazing.

I climbed out of the car and smiled softly. I took a step toward Luciano and we walked toward the entrance.

I swallowed hard when I saw Massimo right there in the entrance and I unconsciously clutched to Luciano.

Luciano noticed so he used his hands to pat mine gently and led me inside.

We got inside and walked to the armless chair by the side of the room. People had different things going on. While some danced, others drank and there I was, sitting and watching all of them.

"I should get you something," Luciano said and I looked at him with a smile on my face.

"Not alcohol," he added and the smoke disappeared. What did he expect me to have in a party?

"Luciano I—"

"Heyyyyyyyy there!!" A voice echoed interrupting me. I looked in the direction if the voice and it was Gladys.

A grim appeared on my face but I tried to play friendly. "Hey," I responded.

"Been a while Tiff. Come on," she said. "Let's go over there and dance."

"No," I blurted. "I'll pass."

"Don't be like that," she said again. "What's a party without the experience of dancing? You're going to enjoy it trust me."

"I do not feel like it," I said trying to maintain my stand.

"I see. If you're scared then Luciano is right here and he's watching. Right Luciano?"

I looked at him and then swallowed hard. I felt a sense of safety immediately so I turned to her. "Fine."

"Yayyyy, lets storm the dancing floor," she chuckled and took the lead.

I followed her to the dance floor and for a moment, I felt the excitement of dancing. I danced with her but still tried to be watchful.

I looked over some heads and saw that Luciano was still there so I danced harder. Gladys took a step closer and then said some words to my ear.

"I didn't mean to share the nudes," she said.

I looked at her. "You're just evil and I'm glad you got what you deserve."

"I know it was him. It was Luciano who arranged the gang rape and made a video of it."

I looked back to check on him but he was no longer there.

"Don't be scared," she said when she noticed where I was looking. "Luciano may just be busy with other important things."

"What do you —" before I could complete my sentence, the lights went off and everyone gave a loud scream in excitement.

The screams filled the air in excitement but something about the whole thing terrified me.

I swallowed back the lump forming in my throat and tried to see amidst the darkness and screams.