92: Did I do something wrong?

I held the gift bags in my hands and smiled hard. It was my first time getting something for Luciano and I desperately want to be approved. I want him to be so excited and he should love it.

'oh shit! Oh shit!! Oh shit!!!' I cussed every minute.

I was nervous but also optimistic for the same reason. I was hoping he'd love his gift and I so badly wanted to see his reaction.

I took a deep breath, getting ready for his reaction. I wiped my forehead with my hands trying to get myself relaxed but the elevator wasn't helping issue.

It felt so fucking slow for some reasons and I couldn't bring myself to stop thinking of Luciano's reaction when he sees me.

All that hours of thinking ended the moment I got to the floor and walked out of the elevator. I took one more deep breath and turned to the door. It just had to end soon.

It was slightly opened so I knew Luciano was inside. He always locked the door whenever he wasn't around so I could easily tell when he was in.

I pushed the door open and took a step inside. I locked the door behind me and turned but Luciano was standing right there with his hands fisted in a ball. It was like he was expecting me and he doesn't really look good at all.

I could see his veiny hands all out as he clenched his jaw. Good thing Luciano don't hot women, if not, I fear would have punched me.

"What's — what's wrong?" I managed to ask, still wondering what the hell was happening.

"I should be asking you that!!!" He yelled at me.

I swallowed hard and took a step backward. His voice was really high and so I took a step back to reduce the anxiety.

"Why the hell did you say a thing? Did I tell you I want everyone in my business?" He asked again.

I shook my head in disapproval trying to make sense of it but it wasn't making any damn sense.

"Luciano I don't understand — what? What did I do and what are you talking about?"

"Quit playing dumb."

"I'm not playing dumb. I just need a clarification about what is going on and why you're yelling so angrily."

"You told her. You told Gladys about my birthday," he blurted with so much distaste written on his face.

"Oh," I mouthed. "I'm sorry, I didn't know that I shouldn't say a thing. I just thought —" I paused when I figured what I was going to say was making no sense.

Should I be worried about how fast that girl go?

"I'm sorry Luciano. I just thought it would be okay and uh—"

"Enough, you just don't know when to shut up," he said and walked away.

I shut my eyes for a second at how everything felt ruined. I shook my head and shoved my phone out of my pocket when it pinged.

I checked the notification bar and it was a post from an anonymous account.

"Time to reveal the real face of the owner—" I read out and then lowered my phone.

I needed a distraction cause I didn't want to spend my whole day thinking and getting worried about the post.

I looked at my phone again and scrolled up. The post was now trending with a lot of hashtags and shares.

"Holy shit," I mumbled. This was no longer funny.

"Think Tiffany, think!" I said to myself as I paced round the room.

I was trying to think of something to do to keep my mind away from it.

The last thing I wanted was for people to suspect I was acting strange or for Luciano to notice a change in my attitude.

I didn't want to appear worried. It was the easiest way to find out the culprit, search for the person acting strange.

I shook my head and puffed out air.

"You can't act strange," I told myself. "You need to act cool and act like nothing is happening. Act like nothing happening can ruin you or make you feel shit."

With that I took a deep breath and calmed myself.

"Yes!" I said and clicked my fingers. I could so something, play games and even present Luciano's gift to him.

A small smile crept on my lips as I grabbed the bags and lighted a scented candle.

I walked to the sitting room where he was and paused.

"I wish I could sing but happy birthday, Luciano."

He turned in my direction and his jaw dropped. I could see it in his eyes that he wasn't expecting me to do anything special for him.

"Oh my—" he said and chuckled. "Are you for real?"

I gave a small nod and handed his gift to him.

He took the bag from my hands and unwrapped the gift box himself. It was a PlayStation along side a cute card and the candles.

"No way," he said smiling. "For me?"

"Yeah."

He stood up and hugged me immediately. His arms wrapped me tightly and I could feel his heart beat in happiness.

I felt his face closer to mine and I felt he was going to kiss me but be didn't.

"How? This is the second gift I have ever received for my birthday. How are you and you mom so nice?" He asked. "How did you get the money to buy me such gifts?" He looked at me and I raised my brows.

"Did you get the money from Massimo?" He asked next. "I don't think that's a good idea."

"No," I defended. "It's my money. What do you think of me, Luciano?" I have my money and besides, Dad sent me some money."

He couldn't hide the happiness on his face and it was so good to see.

"I do save, You see? Not just that, I have enough."

He gave a nod laughing and I joined him.

"Really, this is so great. I'm really thankful Tiff."

He pulled me into his arms again and I also expected his lips on mine but it didn't come. Was something wrong?

I couldn't think of a reason why he wouldn't want to kiss me.

I brushed my hair backward with my hands and leaned closer to meet his face. I made the first move and brushed my lips against his. He responded by sliding his tongue out and he kissed me back.

I allowed him and just when the kiss was about to get deeper, he stopped and shook his head.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Tiff."

I frowned cause I was confused. Why was he apologizing?

Did I do something wrong?