108: Uncertainty

It was getting late and I couldn't stop looking around. Everything about this place just seem extremely interessing in some kind of way and I don't know why.

Luciano wasn't home yet and it was getting me worried. I sighed for the seventh time in a row and stretched to pick up my phone.

I dialed his number and quietly waited for the beep tone.

"You've reached me. Leave a text and I'll call you back if it's important." The call diverted to voicemail and beeped in my ear.

"Fucking asshole," I cussed at the voice and dropped the phone gently.

Luciano's voice could be a sweet melody but not in this kind of situation.

There is nothing more annoying than being locked in and being unable to do anything about it.

He once promised he was not going to lock me in like an animal but he was still doing it.  I couldn't bring myself to think of a good reason why but al I wanted was for him to return home.

I felt the need to see him and tell him of my fear too— fuck, i'm worried sick about being pregnant.

I sat right there for hours waiting for the door to creak or for his car to make that stupid noise. I just wanted to be sure he was home but there was no sound telling me that.

I closed my eyes and before knew it, it was a brand new day. I yawned loudly and tie ed to the side.

My eyes opened immediately and I frowned. I wasn't on my bed like i thought. The tiles  was cold against my skin and now I knew why.

I gently stood up and brushed off dust from my body before turning away. I turned to look at the door and it was slightly opened.

That made me know that he was back. I swallowed hard and took a few steps toward the kitchen when he turned to look at me and then smiled.

"Deep sleeper, hm?" He teased. "You're sleep walking," he said pointing to my feet.

Of course I wasn't sleepwalking. I was walking like every other person who just woke up would do. Was he trying to gaslight me or I was ....not getting it?

I frowned because for some reasons, he looked too excited for a normal day. He was doing his laundry and I could tell because his dirty clothes were in his hands and he was walking toward the washing machine.

I stood there and watched him walk to the washing machine. He tossed the clothes into the machine and turned it on gently.

"That's a new shirt," I muttered and he gave a nod.

I wasn't sure why I said that but Luciano wasn't fond of buying new clothes until he had a reason to.

"What's the occasion?" I asked with a brow raised.

"Uh—" he said with a chuckle. "I was thinking we should go to church.." He paused and brushed it off with another chuckle.

I didn't respond. I just stood there with a stern expression on my face.

"Did you see the video?" He asked as he took out some clothes spun.

"You did it," I blurted. "You set her up, Luciano."

He frowned like it wasn't the reaction he was expecting from me. "Are you under something?" He asked.

I swallowed hard and without thinking I blurted. "I feel like i'm pregnant."

"What???" He asked with his eyes wide open.

Of course I understand his reaction. I did, perfectly. I just couldn't think of a better way to say it without sounding scared.

"I uh— i—" he stammered and dropped the bucket he was holding. He walked over to the couch where he kept some clothes and tried folding.

He folded the first shirt but his face was saying a different thing. He was acting like everything was in control but he looked so scared and I could tell.

He continued folding the clothes in an attempt to keep himself calm but in a few minutes he stopped and pushed down all the clothes he already folded.

"Oh shit, no!" He blurted and held his hands in a fist. "This can't be— I mean.. I'm not sure.."

I swallowed hard without saying a word. I barely knew what to say at this point.

"What are you going to tell your mom?" He asked and sighed audibly. "Oh fuck."

He paced back and forth and I couldn't stop staring at him. He looked so confused and scared.

"I can deal with my dad but— but your mom, Tiff. What are we going to tell her? She's done enough already and uh—"

"Calm down," I managed to say cause his reaction wasn't helping the situation in the slightest way.

"We need to get to the hospital," he said.

"No," I responded. "I can't. I uh— I need to think about it."

He gave a small nod.

"What would you do?" I asked him. "What would you do if i'm pregnant?"

"I'll take it. I'll take responsibility," he said and swallowed hard.

I could see the fear still written all over his face even as he said those words.

"I'm sorry Tiff."

He walked away and headed to his room.

"Luciano," I called after him. I followed him and when I got to the room, I exhaled audibly. 

He was sobbing with his hands covering his face. "I just wanted to make them happy," he sobbed. "I have only wanted to make my dad pleased and everyone proud of me." He paused to swallow hard.

He sprawled to his feet and turned to his table to put a pill in his mouth.

"Are you doing drugs too?" I managed to ask.

He turned to look at me. "It's my anxiety pills. Tiff I— I didn't mean to get you pregnant. I'm a bad child yes, hit I never intended to ruin your—"

"That's okay," I told him. I felt the urge to be strong.

He was already in his vulnerable state and I didn't need him getting worried about me too.

"I— I don't think I might be pregnant for real. We can go to the hospital tomorrow," I told him and he gave a small nod.