88: We don't talk about last night

That hug.
She didn't say anything and I was perfectly okay.

I'm not sure how I felt being wrapped around Tiffany's arms for so long, but it felt good.

She smelled like vanilla with a strong velvet mixed. I didn't want to leave her arms, at least not yet.

Our breathing patterned aligned and just when her chest was heaving, I could feel it and even hear it.

She was so relaxed trying to calm me down but it was deeper than that. She was truly making me feel relieved and I couldn't deny it.

"Are you okay?" She asked when she noticed I moved my head slightly.

I sniffed. "Yeah."

She gave a small smile in response then I shifted back a little and looked at her. That was okay and enough, I had to stop being in her arms acting like a baby.

"I'm— i'm sorry for being messed up, Tiff. I'm really —"

"No, don't be. It doesn't make sense that you're apologizing for feeling a little hurt."

I wish I could tell her that it was more than a little hurt but I couldn't and that hurt me the most. I just looked at her and swallowed the lump forming in my throat.

I tried so hard but I couldn't say a word to her about it. "Just go Tiff."

"Are you asking me to leave you?"

I gave a nod just in case my English wasn't clear enough. "Yes, leave."

"No way! There's no way I'm leaving you here all alone. What has come over you?" She asked with a frown and rolled her eyes at me.

"Nothing is going to happen if you leave me here alone. I just need some space, that's all. I promise i'm—"

"I hope you're not about to a you're fine cause you're not. Damn it Luciano, you're not in a good state and the last thing you need is to be here all alone."

She was right to an extent but I couldn't agree with her or even let her know she was right.

I sighed audibly at her fierceness and how difficult it would be to get her to listen to me.

"Listen to me Tiff."

"No, you listen. You need me here and I don't care what you say but i'm not leaving you here all by yourself. This is not a gold state to be."

"You don't even know why happen," I blurted and she turned to look at me.

"I know you were on that call with your father. And I also know things didn't go very well cause you ended up feeling this way and—"

I looked her with my brows arched then she gave a quick nod.

"Okay fine. I know that because I checked your phone earlier. Trust me, I wasn't stalking you or shit, I just needed to understand what this is about."

That was what I needed to hear before turning away. Tiffany went through my phone, for crying out loud. What the hell was she thinking?

"Are you mad at me?" She asked.

I didn't respond, I just tried to brush it off but she held my hands.

"Tell me you're not mad at me Luciano. I was just worried and—"

"That's okay," I told her. "I'm not mad at you. I don't have a reason to be."

"Are you sure?" She asked with a glare. "Is my mom and your dad okay? Are they fine? Did something happen to them?"

I had no idea why the series of question was falling out so swiftly but I just raised my hands to calm her down.

"Easy Tiff. No, yes.. I mean no, nothing happened to them and they're fine."

She gave a small nod like I just gave her an alleviating information. She placed her hand on her chest for a moment and sighed audibly.

"And me—" I told her. 'I'm fine, i'm just sad.. That's all."

I had to lie to keep her from worrying but that didn't seem to do the trick.

"You should go Tiff, you were about leaving. You want to go so do it."

She shook her head in disapproval. "No. I wanted to see Massimo initially but I know you both hate yourselves so I lied."

I'm not sure what her confession made me feel but I felt a flush of adrenaline course through my body.

I tried to remain as void as possible and listen to what she had to say but she kept looking at me weirdly.

She kept looking at me like she was expecting me to say something in response to her confession.

"Do you love Massimo?" I managed to ask knowing well that I may not be able to take her response.

"What?" She asked. "Why are you looking at me strangely? You know I get scared when you look at me like that and it makes me feel like you're kinda mad at me."

She paused and then cleared her throat. "I know you are not mad at me though, it's just the way you look at me sometimes and—"

"Tiffany," I called interrupting her. "Have you guys had sex?"

Her eyes popped and she shook her head in disapproval. "No."

I didn't say any more word so she felt the need to explain or rather, convince me.

"He's too demanding," she told me. "Massimo has this attitude and sometimes I can't tolerate it."

"Really?"

I listened to her and waited for her to continue but she brushed it off.

"Why don't we do something?" She asked ignoring my question. "Like eat and do karaoke."

I gave a small nod and leaned closer to kiss her chin. I moved closer and reached for her lips but she stopped me.

"About last night," I said. "I know you—"

"I'll rather not think about it," she said and stood up. "Let's get some food."

I watched her walk toward the kitchen. I felt hurt by her response but then, I tried to wave it off and a small smile crept on my lips.

"Okay."

We don't talk about last night.