129: I didn't ask

LUCIANO'S POV

I couldn't help but notice the strange things that Tiffany was doing. How she had a smile on her face right from her bed and how she did everything swiftly.

It was unlike her because the Tiffany I know would always grumble out of bed especially if her alarm was so loud.

Sometimes I wondered why she put the alarm if she didn't want it waking her up on time.

I brushed the thought of my bed and tried to focus on my surrounding. I was seated in the third row behind and had my hands on the desk.

I wasn't doing anything other than thinking if the strange things I've noticed about Tiff. I heard some people whispering beside me so I paused all thoughts and tried to listen.

I needed to know if they were talking about Tiffany. She's been the topic of the school for so long that it was almost a usual thing to hear her name slip out of people's mouth both consciously and unconsciously.

I needed to know the situation of things outside in case Tiffany requested to go out. After class, I picked up my backpack and walked out of the class.

I bumped into another masculine body and when I looked up it was Massimo.

He looked at me the same way without saying anything. He walked away and it made me surprised.

I was mentally ready to have a conversation with him but at the same time, I couldn't deny that it made me happy that there was no communication between us.

I got into my car and drove off. I was driving past this shop with an opaque glass when my eyes captured a V-neck red gown. It looked perfect and the only thing that came don't mind was to get it for Tiff.

I turned off the ignition and walked inside the shop. I requested for the gown on the mannequin and ordered for a box of chocolates and flowers.

"Here sir," the lady said as she returned my card and handed me the goods I got.

I gave a small nod in response.

"Have a nice day and I hope she likes it."

I gave a quick smile because that was the exact thing I was hoping for. I get the sudden urge to get her something that would make her happy.

We could make this a date after all.

I slid back inside my car and drove home. When I got home, I looked at my reflection in the review mirror and used my hands to brush my hair.

For some reason, I felt the need to appear presentable.

I walked inside the house and moved straight to the sitting room. I found the TV on and then looked around to see Tiffany lying on the couch. Her eyes were closed and I could guess that she slept off while watching the TV.

"Poor thing," I muttered and dropped the bags I brought on the table. I walked toward her and picked her up in a bridal way.

I walked gently and couldn't stop looking at the way Tiff's eyes slightly opened and closed back in split seconds.

It felt like she was pretending to be asleep but I couldn't really tell. I carried her in my arm and headed to her room.

I found wraps on the floor but I ignored it cause I wasn't thinking of anything.

I dropped Tiffany on her bed and used a blanket to cover her just so she would feel warm.

I returned to the sitting room. I needed to take care of other things so I shoved out my phone from my pocket and dialed Brad's number.

I checked my father's shipment and then waited for Brad to pick his call. When the call connected, I sighed.

"The first box will be arriving Italy late at night."

"Noted Boss."

"Keep an eye and a ear down for further instructions."

I ended the call after passing the information and sat on the couch. I used my hands to rub my forehead and then Tiffany's mom flashed through my mind.

I picked up my phone again and called her. She picked after the first ring and
I could hear how happy she sounded.

"Luciano!!" She called with a cheerful voice.

"Hi— I uh, I just wanted to say hi."

"That's so sweet and thoughtful of you. Is everything alright?"

I felt the urge to shook my head in disapproval and probably tell her a lot of things was wrong.

I thought of the easy she'd react to hear that Tiffany is pregnant.

"Yea."

"Sounds so much like the way your father would pronounce it," she said and laughed. "Sometimes I can't stop laughing at him."

"Really?" I asked trying to be present. Thing is, I was also thinking of how she would deal with Tiffany for getting pregnant for her step brother.

"Do you love him?" I asked out of the blue. Silence followed and I'm not sure if it was the question or how it came out that caught her off guard.

"Uh— isn't that an obvious answer. Why would you ask that?"

"Nothing. I've just not seen you both kiss or act like normal couples. I know my father very well. Do you need help?"

"Oh, common," she said and brushed it off.

"So do you love me?"

"As a son of course. Wait, why all these questions? Are you high on—"

"I had brownies. It's my first time having them so uh— I had four and might take the remaining eight."

"What??? If anything happens to you, I'll deal with you!!"

"Uh, I'll call you back, I'll call you soon," I said and ended the call.

I didn't have the courage to ask about Tiffany through out the call.

I walked out and found Tiffany by the door trying to strut the keys in. She looked like she wanted to sneak out.

"Have you eaten?" I asked.

"Uh— I wasn't sneaking out. I was just trying to keep the keys."

"I didn't ask."

(How was the 8/04/2024 eclipse?
Me: I didn't even see it)