91: The older Massimo

Getting my ride alone to school, I didn't have to wait for Luciano today. Frankly, I was surprised he let me go without saying anything. Although it was obvious he didn't approve the idea but it was his idea and I never forced him.

      When I got down from the taxi, I slid some bucks into the driver's hands and smiled at him politely. He didn't smile back and I wished I hadn't wasted my smile.

I turned away and walked to the school building. Something about the way the students formed circles made my heart skip. It made me remember highschool, when everyone had group for nothing good.

It's nothing though, I just needed to get into the class before the Professor.

I couldn't stand answering his questions about my hair or my makeup or anything that could make anyone stare at me awkwardly. Was I just paranoid?

I walked past some students having some funny conversations and chuckling loud. I hated it when people were this loud outside.

Not my fault, I've just never been around someone who enjoyed being so loud except Gladys. She was the only one who enjoyed the attention that came with being a loud jerk.

    Sometimes I wonder why I still talk to her even if I don't like her. I don't hate her but....it's just indifference.

Not matter how I tried to avoid saying it, Luciano is really a great guy with a nice personality. Aside standing up for people he cares about and breaking a few noses, there was nothing about being loud that excited him.

He always loved his space and sometimes I wondered how he could cope without any friends.

He barely moved around with a squad.  He didn't even like his men moving around with him. I don't blame him, dad just like to be extra careful especially after our murder attempt back home.

It made me think of the weirdest thoughts that could be going through his mind since he didn't have anyone to talk to.

Well he has me, but that's not the point.

The thoughts of Luciano made me lost for a second but what I couldn't wrap my hands around was how mom remembered his birthday.

She has always been the sweetest person to walk on earth and I know that but then— how did she remember and even sent a gift?

I was still in awe at how she could pull that off without any troubles. I felt a slight shift in my mood but it wasn't because of her.

It was because I barely remembered it was his birthday so I didn't get him anything.

I also left him and even though, I could have asked him to drive me to school— I didn't ask.

He let me come to school on my own cause he thought that was what I wanted.

Well that's where the trouble is, I barely know what I want.

"Pfft," I sound as I took a second turn to the hallway leading to my classroom.

The chuckles and noise reduced since everyone had gone into their various classes.

I walked into the class and reached for my desk, the one with a little design.

I wanted something a little different so I made a sticker designing my name and glued it to my desk.

The Professor wasn't in class yet and for some reasons, I felt glad. I didn't have the mental energy to face him yet.

I took a deep breath in my seat when I noticed everyone's attention was glued to their phone.

I couldn't tell what they were looking at but what I could tell was their reaction was all in sync and they all looked at themselves at intervals.

I swallowed hard and turned my attention away but my vision fell on a group of girls gossiping by the side of the class.

This time around, they were loud enough and I could get it.

"Trust me, I can guess whose boobs this is."

I swallowed hard again. It was the nude..

For some reason, they looked so sure but then some of them shook their head in disapproval when they looked at their phones.

I was getting a little confused at what was happening but thank goodness, this girl close to me was ready to have someone listen to her blab.

"Is something wrong?" I asked her. "Everyone seems glued to their phone and—"

"You won't believe it!" She chuckled. "The guys are photoshopping different girls' face on the nudes to see if it fits."

My heart skipped and I could feel my chest tighten for a second.

Did they all know it was me?

I tried to brush it off but all I could think of was how everyone may possibly know it was me and—

"Oh shit," I mumbled without realizing. Only two people could've done this since they're the only ones who know.

I was so distracted that I didn't hear shit that the professor taught. Immediately the class was over, I grabbed my bag and walked out of the class.

I took hurried steps trying to meet up with Gladys at our favorite spot.

"Girl, we need to talk," I said immediately I got to the table.

She was engrossed in her phone when I walked in but looked up at me.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"The fucking nudes," I said trying to reduce my voice. "You and Massimo are the only ones that—"

"It should be him then. It wasn't me so it's him. Did you guys fight or something?"

I shook my head. "No— we're uh good."

"Call him and ask him why he posted your nudes, go ahead."

I picked up my phone and dialed his phone.

"Why did you do it?" I asked the moment he picked up the call. "Why did you post the picture?"

"Tiff what are you talking about?"

I turned to look at Gladys but she was on her phone.

"Why would I do something like that?" He asked again. "Listen, i'm with someone now and I'll call you back soon."

The call ended and I looked at Gladys but she was still on her phone.

I growled and tossed my phone to the table then she looked at me.

"He's being defensive that's why he doesn't want to talk."

"And who are you talking to?" I asked her when she wouldn't stop looking at her phone.

"Uh, my boyfriend," she replied hastily and I gave a small nod.

The same older Massimo she talked about. I felt uncomfortable but gave a nod.

"I should uh— I should get going, it's Luciano's birthday and I need to get him a gift."

(Merry Christmas fam. Love you all 🥰💞💕)