120: Judge me for saving my life

I stood up from the chair and kept pacing the room back and forth. I couldn't think of anything else other than my mom.

I sighed audibly as if I was waiting for something. Actually, I was trying to think.

I was thinking of ways to speak to my mom to know what was happening. If truly my father found out about the swap plan then we were in deep trouble.

I walked to the table and grabbed my phone from the table. I looked at the screen and there was still no confirmation text from my mom.

I tried calling my mom and just waited for the phone to ring.

I placed the phone on my ear waiting for her to answer the call when I heard my father's voice.

"Look who we have," he said and I swallowed hard.

"I just—"

"I hope you know the coronation is in few days and your step sister will be taking over soon."

"I don't fucking care!! I just want to talk to my mom. That's all i'm asking for."

"Sounds like a lot of request," he mumbled and I paused.

I knew what he was trying to do cause he always had his way in doing things and invalidating people's emotions.

I tried to brush it off but I couldn't. I needed to understand what exactly he was doing.

"Why?" I asked him and sniffed out. "Why are you hurting someone you claim to love?"

I couldn't think of the answer to those questions so I needed him to answer. My chest heaved as I waited for his response over the phone.

I already knew what his reaction would have been if I was standing right in front of him. He'd feel questioned, a way he hated to feel.

Cuss at me and remind me how much of a loser I appeared to be but that was okay. I didn't see the need to be a hero to anyone other than my mom.

When his response was not coming yet, I sighed and shook my head. "Are you going to answer the damn question? Why the hell are you evil??? What do you intend to do with her? Are you going to do anything stupid? Think against it!! you said you loved her. So— so why are you hurting her?"

"Shut the fuck up with these questions," he yelled at me. "I am in no position answer those flimsy questions."

"Really?" I asked him. "You're not going to answer them because you know exactly what you are!!"

"Yes," he affirmed. "Congratulations, you just confirmed how much of a loser you are. I am ashamed of having a son like you. I should have had someone else cause you're so fucking useless. Luciano is better than you."

The thoughts of my father comparing me to Luciano made my heart squeeze. It was the worst thing ever and it made me clench my fist.

"Stop it!!" I yelled at him with so much anger. "You want to talk about who is being useless huh? I promise you'll see useless if anything happens to my mom. Please, she's all I want."

He didn't respond so I knew I had to trigger him into talking. Whatever was going to make him talk was what I needed.

"What's the fucking reason for this, huh? Tell me now! Why are you doing this? What exactly is your gain?" I swallowed hard. "I'm asking you!! What caused this huh? What's the reason for the issue? What cause this family issue?"

I sniffed back and wiped my nose with my hands. 

"Tell me. What's the whole issue about? What caused this family issue and hatred amongst rivals?"

"Get Tiff first," he blurted without any iota of emotion.

I could tell that he was emotionless and unwilling to talk but I needed him to talk.

I needed him to tell me what the hell was going on. I deserved to know if he'd keep putting me in the war front.

When he wouldn't respond, I swallowed hard. "You can't answer," I told him. "So tell me why you traded Ugo and his wife's organs."

"What?" He responded immediately. "Who told you that?" He asked.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and gritted my teeth.

"Who the hell told you that?" He asked again. "Don't you ever mention it again. Don't you dare say such a thing —"

"Why?" I asked him. "Because it's true that you murdered them and harvested their organs, huh?"

"Enough!!" He yelled. "I said you should stop."

"You have to give me a reason to stop," I told him. "You can't just tell me to stop. It won't make the allegations stop. It won't make me stop seeing you as a fucking murderer."

"Fine," he scoffed and I paused to hear what he would say.

"You have no idea what happened," he started. "You want to know what happened, hm?? I am living because of Ugo's organ and guess what? This is where it gets more interesting. Your beloved Mother who you love so much is also alive and it's because of his wife's organ. Go on, go ahead and judge me for saving lives."

"What?" I asked but it came out only as a whisper. I couldn't believe it— it felt so unreal that I couldn't find my voice.

"Now you know. You see? Your mother and I had health issues and we were on the path of dying. There was not much that could be done to save us except a transplant. We tried other options.. We used up all the options till we had no other choice." He paused to catch his breath.

I swallowed hard as I heard him say those words.

"The mistake was letting their daughter go. I should not have let the little girl go."

"So it's true..." I muttered after minutes of keeping mute.

"You ingrate," he cussed at me. "You are such an ungrateful piece of shit."

With that he ended the call.