85

I turned to the other side of the bed and opened my eyes gently. I yawned loudly and then used my hands to cover my mouth.

"Oh shit," I muttered as I stretched and looked around the room.

I rubbed my hand over my forehead, absolutely humiliated as I sat on my bed and saw the whole bed littered with snacks.

Looking around the room, I yawned again then paused to remember what happened last night.

Of course I remember gulping vodka like it was water. I also remember staggering for the most part and also how I almost shot Tiffany.

Everything was blurry and I tried to hold my head as a way of stopping my head from hurting.

I was having a hangover and the only thing that could help was to get food or something to eat.

Just then, Tiffany's voice filled my head and I tried hard to remember what she said the previous night.

It felt like a dream, all what she said about caring for me. A small smile crept on my lips as I remembered her words but the smile disappeared almost immediately and I was pushed back into reality.

I scoffed and stood up from the bed. I walked to the restroom and locked the door behind me. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and shook my head in disapproval.

I looked like a mess and no one would miss the point that I was having a hangover if they saw me.

I picked up my toothbrush and brushed my teeth gently. I grabbed the soap on the slab and had my bath.

I felt refreshed walking out of the shower. I dried my body and my hair. The wet strands of my hair fell to the sides so I shook my head for the wetness to dry.

I changed into clean clothes and then turned to pack the mess I made in the room. I packed everything till the place was clean then I sighed and reached the door. I opened the door and walked to the sitting room.

The smell of breakfast permeated the air and I could feel my tummy grumble in an attempt to remind me of how hungry I was.

Tiffany was standing right there with a polo shirt on. She held the frying pan and tossed the mixed egg into the pan.

"Shit!!" Tiffany blurted when she realized I was watching her. "I didn't see you there."

"Yeah— I noticed," I told her.

"I was just trying to uh—" she turned immediately she saw the smoke and yelled. "Fuck! My food is burning."

How carried away was she? I couldn't answer that.

I joined her to check the eggs but it already burnt.

She closed her eyes and held her hands in a fist. "Fucking hell."

"Damn," I said when I looked at the pan.
"Uh . . .” I said unsure of how to respond

"Nevermind," she blurted. "I'll just order breakfast."

I gave a nod and followed her as she picked up her phone and made an order.

"Sandwich and pickle," she responded and then turned to me. "Any thing else?"

"Uh— none."

I was definitely going to stick to her order. She turned back to the kitchen to clean up the mess and dispose the burnt food.

When she was done, she took off the apron and was about keeping it when the doorbell rang.

She looked at me and then gave a nod. "I got it."

She went to get the door and as expected, it was the delivery man.

"Thanks!" She told him and gave him some tips.

She walked back to the dining and set the food on the table. She dished out the good carefully and sat down.

I grabbed my plate and began eating gently. I took a first bite and then chewed gently before swallowing. I took a sip from the glass of juice.

"Luciano—" Tiffany called as we were eating.

I looked at her as a way of response.

"I was thinking of getting a job. You spend a much and I just want to support you."

I looked at her.

"Don't get me wrong, you're such a strong man and I know you're trying your best but I'm an adult too and I want to help. I want to get a job and then move out."

Not sure where this was coming from, I swallowed the food left in my mouth. "You know what? Talk to Zino about this first."

I stood up and grabbed my plate of food from the table. I headed to my room after responding to her idea of help.

"Luciano wait!" She called and followed me.

I didn't respond but she kept calling me till she met up with me.

"Gladys—"

"I will fucking kill her if she doesn't act well."

She flinched and then moved backward.

"Fuck it Tiff!!! Are you such a fool? Don't you see this— she's using you. Damn!"

"I know!" Tiffany yelled back. "I know."

I paused when she said that. Did she really know? So why was she acting dumb all these while?

"I suspect Gladys okay? She's been acting like she's up to something but you're the one taking advantage of me."

I shook my head. "You are just so fucking ignorant and it's annoying," I told her.

She didn't respond, she just looked at me blankly and smaller the lump in her throat.

I looked at her and for a moment, I felt a flush of guilt.

I took a step forward and then closed the gap between us. I hugged her and made sure she felt relaxed.

I didn't mean to yell at her like that, I just wanted to make a point.

She remained in my arms and I gently held her tightly. I could sense it that I was getting hard but I chose to ignore it. I didn't make a fuse about it but continued hugging Tiff.

She exhaled audibly. "I'm not the only ignorant one."