27: He is changing

Today was not any different. The most part of what I did was watch the clock tick by slowly as I waited to get out of class. The bell rang and without wasting a second, I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked straight out of class.

"Tiffany, tiffany," a wriggly boy whom I presumed to be in junior school called out my name stopping only to catch his breath.

Ignoring him, I walked even faster determined to get out of this school as soon as I could.

"I have a message for you," he screamed as loud as his now faint voice could let him. My senses became alert, was there trouble?

"Speak," I commanded.

"Gladys is outside and she's requesting your presence."

The long hiss that escaped my lips was unplanned but definitely needed. What was there to talk about? Perhaps she had another blackmail tape I and Lu hadn't seen.

As I walked back to my locker to grab my things and head home, I couldn't stop thinking about why she wanted to see me, what was it about?

"She's a bitch Tiffany, you owe her no audience," I mentally checked myself before walking to the spot to wait for Luciano with his men hot on my trail. I missed my freedom.

It was so hard to go anywhere alone, there was always someone in the crowd following me around.

I stepped into the cafeteria which was usually almost empty by this time, but today some girls were there. Partly, I thought I would receive some attention but they didn't seem to recognise me and they continued chatting.

"Do you think Gladys deserved expulsion?" This question made me stop in my tracks. What were they talking about?

Settling down on a bench next to them, I pretended to play a game on my phone with my ears alert to pick up on their every word.

"I think it's a fair punishment," one of the girls chipped in and for some reason, it made me feel slightly better about the release of her nudes. I didn't feel so guilty anymore.

"But then Tiffany didn't get expelled." At this moment, I looked up and locked eyes with one of the girls, but she looked away immediately and they continued their chit chat. They definitely didn't know it was me.

"Did you see the nudes?" One of the girls that had been silent spoke up. " Did you see Tiffany's face on the nude pictures?" She asked again.

"No, I can't even recognise her. All I know is Tiffany's own was the first to leak and then it suddenly went off the internet," she replied.

"Exactly, there's no proof," the silent girl said. "It could have been anybody."

At this point, I stopped listening and zoned out. I had heard enough and it was certainly what I wanted to hear.

My phone chimed with a message notification and I decided to chat while waiting for Luciano.

My phone kept on chiming repeatedly. "Unknown sender, download this."

I clicked on the message and saw a file along with the password. Was this a prank?

This could probably be Gladys's porn video or perhaps someone is trying to hack my phone, I thought. Either way, none of the options appealed to me so I deleted the message.

"Boss will be here soon," one of the guards informed me. Luciano would be here soon.

Thinking about Luciano brought a smile to my face. He was finally back to normal, the hugs had returned and he was no longer avoiding me, but this time it felt like he was stalking me instead.

I chuckled out loud and immediately felt a sharp stab in my stomach, this has been going on for some days now. I didn't feel so well and for some reason, I felt the need to revisit the hospital.

I needed a plan to get these guards off my trail and sneak back to the hospital. My mind flashed back to the tampons Lu bought me, perhaps I wouldn't use it and pretend so he would get worried.

I imagined his face full of horror when he sees the tampons unused.

"What's so funny?" A voice came from right in front of me. I wasn't imagining, Luciano was right in front of me wearing his confused look on his face.

"Nevermind," I replied, straightening my clothes and grabbing my veg off the bench.

"Let's go, shall we?"

****

I wasn't one for travel or road sickness, but today felt different. The short drive back home seemed to have extended into a long tiring hour.

As I rode shotgun next to Lu, my stomach and head felt fuzzy, I was nauseous and feared I would puke on him if care wasn't taken.

"Lu, I feel sick," I told him.

"What's wrong?" He asked, a look of concern on his face

"My head feels heavy and my stomach is unsettled," I replied in a voice that could be mistaken for a baby's own.

All he did was smile and squeeze my hand a little, there was no reply. "Was this supposed to be a form of encouragement?" I questioned myself

"I-" I made to talk when another wave of sharp stabbing pain hit me across the stomach. I simply closed my mouth shut and smiled back at him forcefully.

After ten minutes which seemed like a hundred, we were home and I was dying to go to my room. All I wanted right now was to lay down on my bed.

"Wait Tiff," Luciano held my hand as I was about to get down from the car.

"What's wrong Lu?" I asked seriously concerned. I recalled Gladys's call and the message incident, were they related? What was going on?

After a few moments of staring at me endlessly "You're beautiful," he said and then he proceeded to plant a peck on my forehead.

Immediately, I froze in my seat. Could this be Luciano?

He is changing!

(How many languages can you speak?
Me: 3)