My conversation with Luna

"What have I done?!" I say. I run outside and to the woods. I stop when I see Luna.

"Are you okay Rainy?"

"No," I say "I just used my gift for the first time and soaked the dorms and injured Cole. I ran away and I just don't want to go back." At this point I am in tears.

She sits next to me "I know the school can be harsh and it is hard to control your powers. That is why I live in the woods. I couldn't control my powers one day and so I ran away."

"Does the school know?" I ask.

"The school has a rule of they didn't see you leave you didn't. It is a really stupid rule. They should be more responsible in my opinion."

"What if I killed Cole?" I ask still crying.

"Cole is strong he will be fine."

"Luna, why did you help me you barely even know me?"

"I know Sunny trusts you and I trust Sunny. I don't see you as a threat. I don't care what other people say. You are just a young girl who can't control her gift. What exactly happened with your incident."

"I heard noises outside and when I opened the door I saw Cole and Blake fighting. Then they both tried to impress me and I got mad and it triggered my gift."

"So your gift is triggered by emotion. Mine is too. It's harder to control for people like us. The people who can just chose are lucky. They can control their gift and are usually top of the class for that."

"Luna, I have a question about Sunny," I tell her.

"Yes,"

"Why does she shoot?"

"When Sunny lived with her family her father taught her. She trusted her family. Now she doesn't trust most people. She thought she could trust Cole but she was disappointed by him. She shoots to remind her of when she could trust."