Fear

"I have to go to detention. I can't stay," Cole is talking to Sunny. She is hugging him and won't let go.

"Sunny, you are going to be fine," Cole says.

"I will be if you stay," she says.

"Sunny, you can stay with Ivy, Eliza and I," I offer.

"I guess," she says letting go of Cole.

Cole leaves. The four of us go into Sunny and Eliza's dorm. I can't help but think I caused the fear in everyone. If I hadn't invited everyone nothing would have happened. Luna had gone back to the forest and I can't imagine what she is feeling.

"I'm sorry guys. I didn't think that would happen," I say.

Eliza smiles sympathetically "Are you kidding? It wasn't your fault."

"I can't believe it," Sunny mumbles. She looks zoned off.

"Sunny she isn't going to hurt you. You will be fine," I say. Someone knocks on the door. Sunny goes to open it. Once she does she backs away from the figure at the door. Skylar.

"You guys were having a party without me?"

"Leave us alone, Skylar!" Eliza yells.

"But I feel left out. You guys are having fun without me. Wait! You aren't having fun because your biggest fears are haunting you."

"You aren't scaring us," Sunny says. Her voice is quiet and shaky.

"I know. You are scaring yourself. What if you can't handle it anymore? What if you slip up again? Fires. Violence. You just can't. Your too weak. Your little Coleslaw can save the day. Cole can protect you from the outside world but not from yourself. That's why you aren't scared of me."

"Leave her alone!" Ivy shouts.

Such violence for someone so hurt. Every time you date someone it always ends in break up. What about Kyle? He's the one, right? That's what you thought about the others. You can't keep everything Ivy."

"Stop it!" I yell.

"Wait your turn. It's Eliza's now," Skylar smiles.

"Eliza, we were friends. We did everything together and yet you didn't know what I was doing. So innocent. Or are you? You were on the evil side, or so you think. Does that make you evil. Will they hate you for it? Only time will tell." She chuckles.

"Skylar! You will regret this!" I'm angry. My hands begin to drip.

"There it is right there. How convenient. You wouldn't hurt me. You've already done that enough. You can't control it. Wherever you go there is always something wrong. It's as if problems are drawn to you. You are strong out of your friends. Are you too strong?" Her entire mood changes, "well I best be going. See you-"

"What are you scared of?!" I ask.

"Nothing. What's to fear when I have power over everything?" Skylar teleports and we are left in silence.