Survivors

I wake up and I am in pain. Am I dead? I am in a white room. I sit up and realize I'm in the infirmary. Someone throws open the door.

"OH MY GOODNESS! RAINY, YOU'RE OKAY!" Sunny runs up to me and hugs me. I ache with the pressure of her embrace.

"You're alive?" I ask.

"Nope. I'm just a ghost. Of course I'm alive!"

"What about the others?"

"We're all pretty beat up but all alive. Cole and I are the most healed. Ivy and Blake are both out of the infirmary tomorrow but Kyle and Eliza are struggling. They both suffered a lot."

I try to stand up but pain shoots through my body. I grimace.

"I would rest for a bit," Sunny says.

"How long have I been out?"

"About 4 days," Sunny says.

I have a quick burst of realization. What if she comes back? "What happened to Skylar?"

"She's being punished by the council. She won't come back unless she has to."

I decide I have to see the rest of my friends. I stand up. "I'm going to see them," I say.

"Rainy slow down!"

I almost fall but Sunny runs and supports me. I eventually gain balance. We walk over to Ivy's room first.  She is reading a book. I walk into the room.

"Hey Spinach!" I say. Ivy jumps and her book falls to the floor.

"I lost my page!"

"How are you," I ask.

"Terrible now that you made me loose my page! It was getting good!"

We talk for a while. Next we go to Blake's room.

"Hey," I say opening the door.

"Rainy! I didn't mean it! She forced me!"

"Blake it's okay. I know you wouldn't hurt me," I say. We also talk for a while. Blake would not stop apologizing.

Next we go see Kyle. As soon as I open the doors I see he is in pain.

"Kyle! Are you okay?!"

"Rainy? Yeah I'm fine." He sits up or at least tries to. "Are you?"

"I'm fine. You look real bad. Do you need something?"

"Can you tell me how Eliza is?" He asks.

"We were just going to see her. We will report back to you."

We head over to Eliza's room. I open the door and Cole is in the room with her. They haven't noticed us.

"Eliza, I'm so extremely sorry. I was under her control and I couldn't stop it."

"I know. I'm not mad." She says.

A bright light flashes in the room. Cole screams. Sunny starts laughing hysterically.
"Coleslaw, you scream like a girl!"

Eliza looks at us and I see part of her face is heavily scarred.

"Eliza are you okay?"

"Yeah," she says.

"Kyle was wondering how you're doing," I explain.

"How is he?! I'm worried!"

"He's sore but he will be fine," I lie. She can't know how much pain he is in.

We talk and when I leave I tell Kyle she is doing well. What I say is an understatement of their condition. I just don't want to worry either of them.