LJL: Keeping the page dry (DFM)

Plot: Life is not a fairytale. Y/N already knew that fact but Gaeul only discovered that not everyone gets their happy ending.
Pairing/s: Gaeul (Mid) x reader
Genre: Angst

Non-proplayer AU//
_________________________________________

Working in a psychiatric ward is very stressful for Y/N, but this was their choice as their will to help people suffering from disorders was so strong that they found themself here.

"Nah... he's hopeless"

Y/N was aware that there was a new entry in the ward, a young man, said to be near Y/N's age.

"Dude I don't blame his parents for giving him up"

And that sentence hurt Y/N as well much to their co-workers knowing...

Because Y/N was given up as well at a young age and grew up in an orphanage before managing to get adopted.
_

"Hey Y/N! Can you keep an eye on the newbie, he's stationed at room 531!"

Y/N looked at their senior and nodded their head,
"Sure, no problem sir", they said, suddenly feeling like they're gonna throw up all the food they just ate.

"You'll be fine, he's more childish than insane"

"If only that information helped", Y/N thought to themselves, and just nodded their head.
_

Y/N took a deep breath and began their long walk towards the newbie's room.

Their journey took exactly 35 minutes and when they got there, all tired and sweaty and felt like their legs was gonna give up on them due to the long walk, they saw a senior there who looked quite sad for the newbie.

"Hello ma'am, I was sent here to care for the newbie", Y/N told her.

She sighed and gave Y/N a small smile.

"Nobody read his documents... those dumbasses. Anyways, this is patient Lee Gaeul, he's currently 22 years old and is unfortunately diagnosed with Borderline personality disorder", She told Y/N.

Y/N tilted their head to the side like a puppy as they soaked in all the information their senior just told them.

"Jieun-sunbae, does he have specific likes and dislikes??", They asked.

Jieun shook her head and sighed,
"He's too heartbroken to speak right now... He just told his parents about the diagnosis and they gave him up, brought him here. His mom even screamed at me about how her child turned to become a monster", She explained.
_

After hearing that Y/N turned to Gaeul's room and saw the heartbroken boy crying, he was also drawing as he was given a sketchpad and some crayons but the page he's working on right now is soaked in his tears....

And Y/N felt really bad.

Jieun decided to give them a pat on the shoulder before she left.
_

Y/N reached out to the mic and began to talk.

"Hey Gaeul-ssi... how are you feeling??", they asked, trying to spark up a conversation.

The boy didn't look at them and instead threw the brown crayon towards their direction.

"I-I just want to help mate", Y/N told him, but saw Gaeul shake his head, as he wiped his tears, so Y/N tried to play one of their cards which is talk about what they like and maybe Gaeul might mention his interests too.

"Want to talk about fairytales or something??"
_

It seems like a switch has been flipped as the moment Y/N finished their sentence, Gaeul was looking at them like a child as he slowly nodded his head.