Chapter 20: Challenge Accepted

**SafeHaven- first Bonfire after Minho proposes**

"Babe! We're gonna be late!" Alex yelled.

"Just a second!" Minho stuck his head out of the bathroom, with a grin. "Gotta look good for date night!" He winked.

Alex groaned and flopped backwards onto the bed.

"Pretty sure it's supposed to be the other way around, and your supposed to be whinning on the bed for me to hurry up."

Minho chuckled.

"Also, you always look good, and no one cares about your hair!" She whinned again.

"Done!" He finally announced, strutting from the bathroom.

He was wearing his jeans and tight black t shirt, showing off his fresh tattoo, Alex's stomach summersalted. He really did always look good...and smelt good. Shuck he was a fine piece of work.

Alex still laying sprawled on the bed, swiveled her head and frowned, "your hair looks the same. And why put so much work into it when you know I'm going to have my hands in it later?"

"Still gotta impress the woman I love." He winked.

He leaned down over top of her, his hands on either side of her hips. Alex grinned at him. He bent his elbows and kissed her quickly.

"Come on, we don't want to keep them waiting!" He teased.

Alex rolled her eyes with a smile.

Bonfire nights were a regular thing, the last Friday of each month Vince lit a huge fire and snacks and drinks were handed out. Gally had finally perfected his special secret drink. These nights were some of Alex's favorite nights, for many reasons.

Chloe and Raegan were allowed to come for part of the night, Abouelo Jorge was in charge of them, and he would bring them to his cabin for a sleepover. He volunteered for these nights every time, so Alex and Minho had a bit of a break; it was date night. And Jorge loved his sleepovers with his grand daughters, way more than wild parties.

They walked down the beach path from their cabin to the beach where the fire had already started. Minho laced his fingers  with hers and squeezed her hand tight.

"I like the white top and your hair down." Minho smirked down at her.

"Well, it's date night, Min. Gotta look good for the man I love." She chuckled, turning around and walking backwards in front of him. She held her hands out.

She was just wearing a simple v-necked white tank top that showed off her dragon tattoo and the top half of her arrow on her back and jeans, and the necklace with Minho's promise stone, white sneakers and she had let her wet hair dry naturally, so it curled around her face and shoulders.

Minho chuckled.

"I mean it's really nothing special." Alex shrugged, still walking backwards.

"Hmm I'm a man of simple taste. I'd rather see my girls' natural beauty shine." He smirked, he tried to grab her but she danced out of his reach, with a teasing grin.

"Get back here woman! Let me love you!" Minho called as Alex turned and took off down the path, laughing at him.

________________________

The fire was in full swing. There were tables of snacks and drinks, different games, and a radio was found on the main land and was blasting music.

Minho finally caught up to her. He swung a muscular arm around her shoulders and together they made their way over to Gally and grabbed a jar.