Chapter 40

"C'mon Brookey, you can do it! Just walk to mummy," I coo to Brooklyn. She's been standing up and falling down and Harry and I have been trying to get her to start walking. 

Harry holds her up by her arms and steadies her until I give him the signal. He let's go of her and she takes one step. Two. Three, and then falls, I quickly catch her and kiss her cheek.

"Daddy's so proud of you! You just took your first steps," Harry says. We take a picture of Brooklyn in the middle of us and we're both kissing one of  her cheeks. 

I give him a quick kiss. "You want anything to eat," I ask.

"Actually, you and I are going out tonight," he says, a mischievous grin on his face. 

"Wait a minute, who's going to watch Brooklyn,"  I ask. I should've known. It was such a stupid question. 

"I got the boys to watch her. Trust me, they're more than happy to watch her for us," he assures me. I know they guys love babysitting Brooke. They've actually been badgering Harry and I to let us let them baby-sit her for a while. 

"Okay, where are we going," I ask. Another stupid question. 

Harry wraps his arms around my waist and looks seductively into my eyes. 

"Now Alli Cat, we've been through this before. Surprises are meant to be kept a..."

"Surprise. I know, I know," I finish his sentence. He smiles at me and leans down and gives me a passionate kiss. Just then, the boys burst through the door. 

"Hey Alli, Harry," Zayn says, going straight to the couch. 

"Hi Brookey," Liam says as he picks her up off the ground and throws her up and down. 

"Ooooh. More baby making are we," Louis teases. I blush scarlet red and Harry leans down and whispers into my ear. 

"I love it when you blush," he whispers even more seductively. It sends chills down my spine. He smiles at me, gives me one more kiss and then we go over to where the boys are sat. 

"Hey beautiful," Niall says as soon as he sees me. My face breaks out in a smile. He gives me one of his famous Horan Hugs and I give him a kiss on the cheek. 

"So, what have you guys been up to," I ask. 

"Just been missing my little niece loads. Haven't seen her in about a week," Louis says. 

"Oh yeah, guys, she took her first steps today," Harry announces. 

"Oh my gosh! Did she really," Liam asks. I nod my head. At that moment, Brooklyn spits up all over herself. 

"Alli! Can I pwetty pwetty pwease with a cherry on top dress her in one of the outfits I got for her," Niall asks. 

He looks so eager and how can I say no to that face. 

"Go ahead. Be careful with my baby now," I tease him. He smiles at me, picks up Brooklyn, and then heads upstairs to change her. 

"Don't worry Alli. Everything will be fine. You've got four of the most highly trained babysitters in the whole world sitting right here," Zayn says. 

I start to get worried. Of course, I know the guys will take amazing care of Brooklyn, but what if something goes wrong? What if she gets hurt and they don't know what to do? 

Harry can see I'm pondering over this and gives me a reassuring kiss on the temple. 

"It'll be fine. I've already threatened them and told them what the deal was if they hurt my little girl," he says. I smile at him. 

"So, what time should I start getting ready," I ask him. He looks at his watch. 

"Right about now actually," he says. He leans over to whisper in my ear again, "And wear something short, and tight. For a new mum you've still got an amazing body," he says. 

I get up and smack him playfully on the arm. 

"Not even in your wildest dreams Styles. There's no way you're getting any of this," I say and then walk up the stairs, swinging my hips back and forth playfully. 

I can hear his laughter from upstairs. I go into our room and search through our massive walk-in closet. 

Nope. Too simple. Too fancy. I'm still searching when I find it. 

A black, strapless dress that comes to about mid-calf. It's not too tight, but it's fitted so it shows all of my curves. 

I pair that with a pair of high, cute, black wedged-heels and a leather jacket and then go take a shower. 

I wash my hair, shave my legs and pits, and thoroughly clean my body. 

I wrap the towel around me and start blow-drying my hair. Once I get it dry, I style my hair in a way I know Harry likes it. 

I put it in huge, hollywood-styled curls with a skinny braid going around my head and the rest of it hanging loose. 

I slip on my dress and heels, needing someone to zip me up. Thankfully, Niall walks in. 

"Hey Niall. Come on in. Would you mind ever so much to zip me up," I ask. 

"No problem," he says and easily zips the zipper. 

I finish putting on my make-up. A dramatic, smoky eye with wings eye lined on my upper lid. A dark red lip, and light blush. 

Soon, I'm ready to go. I head downstairs where Harry is anxiously awaiting. 

Just a little something before I go to bed. Nighty night! Hope everyone had a good St. Patrick's Day! xx-Keke