Chapter 49

Niall and I get into the car and he starts driving. My arm hurts so badly. What in the world did Harry do to it? I deserve it though. I'm a horrible person. 

Maybe I should just die. Yeah. Then, everybody would just be happier. An overdose on pills, drowning in the pool, diving off a cliff, it could all really be that simple. Everything and everyone would just be fine if I just left. If I died, everyone would eventually get over it. 

When we get to the doctor's office, we're immediately seen by my doctor because it's like a ghost town right now. 

"Alright then, let me take a look," Dr. Payton says. I hold out my arm to him and he takes it gently in his hand as he examines it. "Where's Mr. Styles, if I may ask," he says. 

"He stayed home with Brooklyn. They haven't been getting enough daddy daughter time," I lie easily. I'm not usually a good liar, but I can't tell Dr. Payton the truth. Harry's reputation would plummet. 

"Well that's good. And uh, who's this young lad," he asks. Niall sticks out his hand and the doctor shakes it. 

"I'm Niall." 

"Nice to meet you. Well Allison, we're going to need some x-rays to tell for sure if anything's wrong with it, but I don't think there is. Does it still hurt," he asks. 

"Not as much as before, no."

"Well come on in the back and we'll take some x-rays," he says. 

After the x-rays are finished, we find that there's nothing wrong with my arm except it'll feel a lot like a bruise. Again with the bruises...

"If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to call. Have a good day you two," Dr. Payton says. 

"Thanks. You too," Niall says. 

We get back in the car and sit for a bit without starting it. 

"Allison. You do know that...me and you...we can't be together right," Niall says, looking at the ground. 

"Why?"

"Because, just imagine how it'd look if you and Harry didn't get married and you left him for me. His reputation, my reputation and more importantly, your reputation would be horrible. Besides, you have Brooklyn. I could never be as good of a father to Brooklyn as Harry is," he answers me. I can see that this pains him. He loves me and I know he does, but he's also come to realise what would happen if people found out about this. 

"I know," is all I can say. Niall sighs and we start driving in silence. 

When we get back to the house, it's silent. There's no one in the kitchen, in the living room, anywhere. I'm guessing everyone's gone up to bed or something. 

I obviously can't sleep in me and Harry's room, but sleeping in the same room as Niall would...raise a couple of eyebrows as well.