Chapter 10

*Allison's POV*

 "A friend stayed over," I begin to explain. "My alarm didn't go off and I woke up late. Then, he drove me to work, but I was running late. Sorry." I finish in a huff of breath. Carol looks at me warily before deciding against questioning me any further.

 "Well just, don't let it happen again." she says stiffly and then walks off and as soon as she does I feel like screaming.Today, there are no interviews for me to do, so I have to shape up the cover and interviews for the new issue. It's a 'One Direction Collector's Edition.'

I work all morning on it before it's time for my lunch break. I hear a knock on my office door and without bothering to ask who it is, tell them to come in. I'm expecting for Carol to come in, telling me it's time for lunch, but it's not. Instead, someone with curly hair, a cheeky smile, and dimples prominently showing enters my tiny cubicle of an office.

 "Harry, what are you doing here? It's not time for me to get off yet." I question as he enters.

 "I know, I'm here to take you out for lunch." he says, smiling.

 I can't help but smile back at him. Is this a good idea? Ugh for fuck's sake he's only going to be here for a month or so so what's the worst that could be done? Finally deciding on my decision, I answer, "Okay." 

He grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers, excitedly pulling me to the car. I can't help but notice how perfectly my smaller hand fits in his much larger one. Just like how it used to be. He opens the door for me, he always did this, always the gentleman, and then gets in himself. I don't even bother asking where we're going because I know for a fact that I know he won't tell me.  When he wanted to surprise me, he never told me what he was doing or where we were going. He's always been good at keeping surprises a surprise.

........................

"How has work been so far?" he asks once we're sat in my car.

"Good I guess." I answer.

"You guess?" he questions, raising an eyebrow and sneaking a sideways glance at me before focusing back on the road.

"Yeah. It's been kind of boring. I have to edit this magazine for some boring old British band." I tease and he smiles, dimples in full glorious view.

"Ha ha ha," he says. "Very funny."

"I know I am." I retaliate, laughing.

We drive for about fifteen more minutes until we stop at this massive field. I mean it is huge. In the middle of the field, I can make out a picnic blanket along with a basket and what I think are flowers.

 "Come on."  he gently urges with a smile and takes my hand in his. We walk all the way to the middle of the field before sitting down on the blanket.

"For you." he says, presenting the flowers to me. I find it undeniably adorable as his cheeks redden with heat.

 "Thank you." I thank him and he starts taking out the food which looks absolutely amazing. It smells so good, I'm almost drooling out of my mouth already.

 "Well, dig in." he says the magic words and I do. After eating for a little while, he says, "Okay, do you remember us playing this game?" and takes out a handful of grapes.

 "Ah yes, the Grape Challenge. You know I suck at this." I say.

 "Yes, but I don't. Okay, throw me the grapes." he says and leans back, opening his mouth wide. . I laugh at how ridiculously serious he's being about this.

 *Flashback*

 "Harry, you know that's not fair! You threw three of them at me." I exclaim while he's laughing his head off at my expression.

 "I-I'm sorry." he apologizes, small laughs escaping his lips. 

 "Nope, you gotta pay up." I  point to my cheek.

 "Gladly."  he responds and kissed my cheek gently.

 "I'm sorry." he says, a more serious expression on his face than before. He looks like a little puppy with those green eyes of his and his curly hair all cute and windblown from us being outside.

 "It's okay Emerald Eyes," I assure him. "Now come on, it's your turn." I grab a handful of grapes. At first, he's doing well, and then I decide to turn the tables on him. I throw the rest of the grapes at him and then run. Next thing I know, I am being picked up by his strong arms and being spun around. We're both laughing before falling to the ground, him almost on top of me. His face literally not even an inch from mine. My crystal blue eyes are connected with his deep emerald colored orbs and I find it so easy to get lost in them. Smiles are immediately wiped off  our faces and a moment of silence is exchanged before he slowly pressed his lips to mine. 

 *Flashback Over*

 I got the grapes and Harry had broken his record. In fact, the only reason he stopped was because we were out of grapes.

"Nice job Emerald Eyes," I say to him. Randomly, we decide to have a photo shoot with his phone, taking pictures that range from serious to comical. I grab his phone out of his hands and realise he still has the last picture that we took together before he left as his screensaver.

 "Harry, you still have this as your screensaver," I ask in surprise. It's been years since we took this picture together and I'm pleasantly surprised he still has it to this day considering what he did to me. He just nods his head and looks quite sheepish. I embrace him in a hug and at first he's startled, but then he wraps his strong arms around me and buries his nose in my hair. I sit, curled up in his lap, my arms still around him, his still around me. We just sit there, enjoying each others very much missed company. I don't know how long we sit there like that, I come to realize what time it is, so we have to go or else I'll be late. I have to be back to work by a certain time.

 "Okay, I'll see you later Haz," I say as he drops me off.

 "Bye Alli Cat," he winks and then drives off. I still have a smile permanently on my face. Harry hasn't repaired our friendship fully, but I'm starting to trust him again and that scares me because what if this is his entire plan? To make me trust him and fall in love with him and then have my heart broken and shattered all over again. I just have to keep my guard up and my heart tucked away. But with Harry, it's so easy to get lost in him. To get lost in his smile and his eyes and his cheeky demeanor, and I'm afraid he's already sneaked his way back into my heart.

 *Harry's POV*

Well, first part of my plan is done. I just hope she likes what I'm going to do for her. I didn't realise how much I truly missed her until today. I missed holding her like that, her smile, her laugh, everything about her. It doesn't matter about any other girl I've ever been friends with. Nobody could ever compare to her because somewhere deep inside me, I know she's always been the one.

A/N

 Sorry this is such a short chapter. It just felt wrong to try to long it out. How sweet is Hazza? Awww! Love you guys! xx~Keke