Chapter 53

I exit the bathroom. Harry cannot know about this. He'd just get mad and upset and someone would end up loosing a life today. I try to calm myself down before I go back to him. I make sure my heart beat isn't too quickened, I don't look too sweaty, etc. 

I can see Harry sitting on the blanket on the lawn, right where I left him. A dazzling smile breaks out on his face as he catches sight of me, his dimples showing. I can't help but smile as I go and sit back down next to him, enveloped in his warmth. He kisses the top of my head as we lie back down and I rest my head back on his chest, looking up at the sky. 

I turn to Harry, my head propped up by my arm. He kisses my neck and I roll my head to the side to give him more room. He's just brushing his lips back and forth across my neck, teasing me. It tickles and I giggle. My breath catches as I see him again. Behind Harry. Not directly behind him, he's across the lawn and with Harry's back to him, he's obscured from his view. 

He sees that I've caught sight of him again and that same smirk that's haunted my dreams plays across his face. 

Harry stops to look up at me, concerned. 

"What's wrong?" he asks, his eyes showing worry. I can't even look at Harry, my eyes still locked across the lawn. I see him raise his forefinger to his lips. Signalling me to be quiet. 

"N-nothing." I answer. I dart my eyes back to Harry's. He looks behind him but he's too late. 

"Do you want to go inside?" Harry asks. I struggle to nod my head and he takes one of my hands in his, the other one around my waist. 

We walk inside the house, music blasting, people having drinks, dancing. If you didn't know what was happening, it was a very party-ish, just have fun atmosphere. 

We snake our way through the massive throngs of people when Harry gets stopped by one of his friends. I'm surprised they can even hear each other. I can't catch a word their saying. I just stay behind Harry, using him as a shield. 

"Hello Beautiful." he roughly whispers in my ear. I automatically tense up. Since Harry's busy talking, even though he's right here, he doesn't hear a word. My breathing quickens as he pulls my long hair back and then breaths across my neck. 

I immediately retaliate by giving him a good five across the face, my impact makes him stumble for a second. Harry spins around, alarmed by me pulling my hand away from his so quickly. 

"What's wrong?" he asks me. I don't get to answer him as he catches sight of the man that's been pursuing me ever since I went to the bathroom. His face immediately hardens, his eyes unreadable. 

"Carol, take Allison to the car. I don't want her to see this." Harry says, his voice stiff. I turn to see the person he calls 'Carol' and am caught by surprise. It's Carol. The Carol that I used to work with in my Seventeen Magazine days. I haven't seen or talked to her in ages. 

"Hi Allison. We'll have time to catch up later but, right now I need to get you out of here." she says. I desperately cling to Harry. He looks down to me, his eyes soften for a second.