Chapter 44

"Guys, honestly, it's nothing," I answer. I love them, and I tell them everything, but the last thing I need is them worrying over me and getting upset. 

"Allison, you know you can tell  us anything, right," Niall asks. I sigh and then nod my head. May as well show them now. Besides, I hate having secrets. 

I roll up my shorts just like I did at the doctor's office. All of the boys except Harry gasps who just furrows his eyebrows. 

"Allison, who the hell did this to you," Niall asks through gritted teeth. I replay the story for all of them. I know it's not the boys' fault, but I'm getting really tired of telling this story to everyone. 

"Man, if would've been there..." Zayn starts. 

"Trust me, Harry took care of it. You can tell by the damage done to his hand," I say. The boys all go over and look at his hand. 

"Good. That little piece of sh-"

"Shh! We've got little ears here. I don't want to talk about this anymore, okay? I'm fine," I say. 

"Allison," Niall says and then looks me straight in the eye. I sigh. 

"Alright. I'm not fine. I just...I don't want to make a huge deal out of it, okay," I say. "But thank you guys so much for caring so much about me," I say and then give all the guys and Lou hugs. 

"No problem Beautiful," Niall says. I smile as he hugs me. 

I don't know how many times I've said this, but I love them. 

*Two Weeks Later*

"C'mon Brookey, can you say muma? Or dada," I coo to Brooklyn. She just sits there and stares at Harry and I. We sigh and give up. 

"I'll go get her bottle," Harry says. As soon as he gets up and turns around, Brooklyn starts talking. 

"Mum mum muma. Dada," she says. 

"Harry! Harry come here!" Harry rushes into Brooklyn's room. 

"What's wrong," he asks. 

"She just spoke her first words. She said both our names," I say. Harry comes over to me and Brooklyn. 

"Who's this Brookey," I ask her. 

"Da da. Da da da da," she keeps saying and then giggling with her hand in her mouth. She's been teething a lot. 

"Oh my gosh! She did. She just said my name," Harry says and smiles. He picks her up. 

"Dada loves you," he whispers to her and she smiles. 

Harry takes a picture of him, Brooklyn, and I. He saves it in his phone and captions it 'Day she spoke her first words'. 

*One Month Later*

Harry and I are almost always busy tying to plan for our wedding and the boys and Eleanor and Danielle have had to baby-sit Brooklyn a lot. Not that they mind, it's just Harry and I feel bad that we haven't had enough time to spend with our daughter. She's growing every day and we're missing precious moments of her life. 

The only time we get with her is when we're about to go to sleep and we put her in the middle of us and we all fall asleep together. 

I can tell the next couple of months are going to be extremely stressful. 

*Five Months Later*

"Muma! I want da da," Brooklyn whines. She's getting so big and her vocabulary really has expanded in a short period of time. 

"Brookey, I'm sorry. Daddy had to go somewhere," I say as I'm brushing her hair. It's extremely long for a ten month old. She gets that from me, when I was little, my hair was extremely long. The only difference is that her hair is really curly, just like Harry's. 

Harry and I are supposed to be getting married soon. Like really soon. As in...next week soon. Harry's out with the guys, my dad, his dad and step dad, my brothers, and all of the guys' dads and step dads, and Danielle, Perrie, Eleanor, my sisters, and all the boys' mums all came over to stay with me and Brooklyn. Tomorrow, it's the guys' turn to watch Brooklyn and then we all are going to go out dress shopping. 

We know this probably should've been done already,  but we just haven't had the time to go. 

"Perrie, can you hand me that shirt over there," I ask. 

She laughs as she holds up the shirt. "Haha. Zayn bought her this shirt," she says. It's the black One Direction one that goes with the black and red leather jacket, black leggings, and boots. 

I dress Brooklyn and then set her down. She's walking now. I have no clue as to how she learned so fast. Harry and I taught her, of course, but we were surprised that she picked it up so quickly for a toddler her age. 

"Go on. Go to your grandmother," I tell Brooklyn. She walks over to Harry's mum, Anne. 

"Oh how's my girl, huh? Been good have you," she asks. Brooklyn nods her head. 

She goes around and gives everyone a hug. The boys' mums love her. No, they adore her. They're even fighting over her! 

It feels good to have all of my family here. Well, almost all of my family. And then I feel it again. Something I haven't felt in a long time. I feel that deep, physical pain in my chest when I think of my mum and her death. I wish she could be here. 

I wish she were here.