Chapter 21

"Allison, you have to get down here now, Mum's just  been in a car accident and she's really hurt." my sister, Genny's shaky voice comes over my phone. I immediately start freaking out because I know this can't be good.

"Genny? Genny, what do you mean she's really hurt?" I ask, panicking. 

"She-she was driving and some idiot ran into her. You've got to get down here quick." she answers. 

"Okay, okay I'm leaving now." I say, tears beginning to fall down my cheeks as I hurriedly stuff my things into my suitcase.

"Hurry." she instructs before I hang up. 

I'm almost finished packing up my things when Harry walks into the room. When he sees me, his expression is first confused and then worried.

"Alli?" he calls but I just sniffle. I can't talk to anyone right now. I just have to get to my mum. "Allison, what's wrong? Did I do something?" he asks, this time with worry lacing his voice. I shake my head.

"My mum. She-she got into an accident and... I have to get back to England. Now." I say while attempting to close my toiletries bag with shaking hands.

"What?" he whispers in disbelief.

"My mum got in a car accident. Genny just called and said that she's hurt and I have to get there b-before-" I stop in mid sentence because my voice won't allow me to continue. I can't even bear to think about what could possibly happen. I try to zip up my suitcase only to sigh in frustration, more tears streaming down my face.

"Babe, let me do it." Harry softly instructs. I move to the side, and his long, slender fingers deftly zip up my suitcase. He embraces me in a hug and I cry into his chest.

"Something bad is going to happen." I say. "I can feel it."

"Let's just go, okay? I've got a plane waiting for us." Harry whispers and it's in this moment that I am so happy he's here with me. If it weren't for him, I would've fallen apart completely right now.

"Where the hell are you two going?" Louis asks once we make it downstairs. They're all sat playing XBOX in the living room, completely oblivious that there's so much pain happening right now.

"Back to England." Harry says while lugging the last of our bags into the car and closing the trunk. 

"Wait, why?" Liam asks. 

"It's my mum she's...she's been in a crash and we have to go." I explain. "I'm so sorry I've ruined everything. Please, stay and enjoy the rest of the vacation. We'll call you guys when we've made it back to England." I say as Harry and I get into the car and put on our seatbelts. 

"Okay. You guys drive safe, please. Call us as soon as you've landed." Dani softly instructs. And though none of them have met my mother, they look as if they've lost someone close to them. My eyes fill with tears as I look at the lot of them. 

"We will. Thank you guys for everything." I thank and Harry starts driving off. I wave good-bye to them until I can barely make out their figures on the front porch. 

Can't this car go any faster? I'm anxious and nervous and we have to get there soon. 

Harry takes one of my hands in his, lacing our fingers together before kissing them and resting them on his thigh. 

"It's going to be alright." he says, but I know he's only saying that to make me feel better. Everything is not going to be okay.

..........................

"Genny, what room are you guys in?" I ask once Harry and I have made it back to England.

"We're in the waiting room. They won't let us in to see her yet." she answers from over the phone.