Chapter 56

Ten to twenty minutes later, Harry and I are sitting in the park, on the lawn, looking up at the stars. My head rests on his chest as he soothingly rubs his hand up and down my back. There's a comfortable silence as we just enjoy each other's company. We've been waiting to spend time together all day and now we finally get it. 

"Allison?" Harry's voice softly says. 

"Hm?" 

"I know you're worried about Niall. Can I ask you a question?" he says softly, not wanting to pressure me. 

I turn and rest my chin on his chest so I can look at him, his eyes soft. 

"Of course." I answer. 

"Why? I mean...why did you choose me...over Niall?" he asks. I can tell this has been on his mind for quite some time and he's been thinking about it. 

"Because...even though I love Niall, it never could've been. You've always been there for me. Well, almost always." I say. I see his face frown as he remembers that period of time when he left me. 

"You and I...we have a history, a connection that can't be defined. It's because I love you Harry Edward Styles and only you. You've always been the one for me." I say, the last words a mere whisper. A smile breaks out on his face and I can't help but smile too. 

"Good. Because I thought it was because you felt pressured. I didn't want you doing this all for me. I don't want to pressure you into doing anything you don't want to do." he says softly. 

"Are you nervous...about tomorrow, I mean?" I ask him. He doesn't hesitate to answer. 

"Not even the slightest bit. I just don't want to end up crying and blathering like an idiot when we get up there. Other than that, I've been waiting for tomorrow for a long time. Are you nervous?" he asks. 

"A little, I've got to admit. I just don't want anything to end up going wrong. You know, we could've gotten married in Vegas and had one of those cheesy weddings and I wouldn't care. It wouldn't have changed the fact that I'd finally be married to you. On the other hand though, I know everyone wants to see us get married. The right way." I answer. 

"Trust me, it'll all be worth it in the end. I know it's been stressful, and I'm sorry for that." Harry says and then kisses the top of my head. 

"I'm also nervous about kissing you in front of all those people tomorrow." I answer truthfully. Harry chuckles. 

"Wanna practice?" he teases and even in the dim light I can see him wiggle his eyebrows mischievously. I smack his arm playfully and laugh. 

"In your dreams Styles." I say. His face suddenly turns serious. 

"But I do. I dream about you nearly every night." he says. All I can do is smile at him. He gets up and offers me his hand to help me to my feet.