Eternity

"In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?

Is it like the hand of God hovering above?
At least it is true that man has no control; even over his own will."

~~~~~

Previously...

They continued walking down the halls until Y/n stopped, swiftly unsheathing his sword.

"It's here."

Everybody tensed up. Himeno noted the door that was slowly creaking open.

"Aki... Here it comes."

What came out crawling was a... Head of someone, with a foot and hand practically fused with it. An ugly thing for sure.

"... The hell?"

~~~~~

Y/n knew this thing wasn't the devil, his mark didn't react as harshly when it approached.

'Is this thing even worth it...'

The thing smiled and jumped at a panicking Kobeni. Making Y/n prepare to strike.

"Ah... AHHHH!"

Only for it to freeze in the air. The mark pulsed with a sensation from Himeno.

Y/n simply looked on as Power slices it in half, making her get into yet another power (heh) trip.

"The damn devil froze in midair out of fear of me! Gahahahaha!!"

"No, no, no. That was my power! My ghost caught it!" Himeno corrected.

"Ghost?"

Himeno pointed to her missing eye.

"I have a contract with the Ghost Devil. In exchange for feeding it my right eye, I get to use my Ghost's right hand. It's invisible and strong, pretty useful right?"

She then turns to Aki. "How's it look Aki? Does this thing have a piece of that damn gun?"

He gazes at the piece, looking for any reaction.

"No strong reaction,this isn't our devil..."

"Gotcha, let's move up a floor then!"

As they headed up to the next floor, Power questions Himeno.

"Are you sure you should go blabbing about your powers Infront of me? You humans are here to keep me in check no?"

"It'll be easier to work as a team if we know each other's powers, right? Plus, I've got a trump card up my sleeve. It's all good."

"Ho?"

She then conjures a blood knife, pointing it at Kobeni.

"Is that true? Then what if I said I'd kill this one? What would you do?"

"Eek!"

Himeno swiftly reached out, chocking out Power. She struggled, trying to get the hand off but to no avail.

"Put the weapon away. If you misbehave, I can strangle you to death anytime."

She continued to struggle before Himeno let go. She hacked and coughed, soothing her sore throat.

"I don't wanna have to do that again so how about we get along... And Y/n, please stand down, I got it."

Power looked behind her to see the massive blade aimed straight at her head, Y/n with a shadow covering his hardened expression. Her breath hitched, had she followed through...