Feint

“Mankind knew that they could not change society, so instead of reflecting on themselves they blamed the beasts.”

~~~~~

Previously…

“Ah, ah! No more for now! Get going Y/n, I think you got some things to prepare for…”

“Like what-”

“Byeeeee!” He said, before pushing the confused man over.

“Hey, wait-” He was back in the real world.

“What the fuck.”

He felt that his whole world was flipped on its head.

Now the real question was…

What should he do now?

~~~~~

The street echoed and roared as the cars whizzed by. Men and women alike walking to their destinations within the busy afternoon. One such man was walking, chewing on what appeared to be delectable mochi, bought from one of the many street vendors around. A nice and flavorful treat for a day such as this.

He continued to walk, grunting as he adjusted his tie with his free hand, his mouth still munching on the treat as he continued to walk. The street was quickly scanned by his sharp but soft, friendly eyes as he continued on his stroll. He looked at a nearby window, looking at his fresh appearance. His thin eyes paired with his black, curly hair that barely reached his nose rested around his face. Blending in with the common man perfectly.

“This is good.” He simply said, popping another in his mouth. He breathed in the fresh air as the crowds mingled about, going about their daily lives.

“This is really good.” another one.

He was a simple man. He liked walks, tasty things, and sitting in the sun.

But what did he really like? What did he enjoy?

Glancing up, he looked at the street signs, now taking a right on the corner.

“I’m glad I’m bilingual.” He said to himself after reading the Japanese letters. He scratched at a small scar that was on his left cheek. It was long, and very noticeable. It never bothered him, though.

He took another glance around, his eyes falling upon an apartment complex nearby. With a turn of his feet, he then went on towards it. He felt his lips, feeling himself smile, before going back to his default emotionless expression. He made sure to enunciate the smile with his eyes as well.

“Good.”

He climbed up the stairs, rolling his neck as he went up.

“Let’s see… there.” He arrived on the second floor, coming upon the second door to the left of the long hallway.

He comes upon the door, giving it several knocks while putting on his perfectly practiced smile on his face. He hears footsteps as a disheveled, clearly anxious woman opens the door.

“A-are you him!?”

“Yes, that’s me!”

“Oh thank god!”

She opened the door to let the man in. It was in a disordered mess, a reflection of her current mental state.

“Thank you so much! Ah, it’s been so stressful!” She sat down with a sigh, fanning her face as she groaned.