Human

25K reads??? That is huge! Well, in my eyes. Sorry for the delay, everyone! I gave myself a little time off from this story, detailing the specifics for this act as I kickstart my other story which you should totally check out. I hope you guys are ready, because this is where the canon would truly start to deviate. Thank you guys so much for your support! Comments make me wanna write more... Anyways, thank you!!

~~~~~

"Mankind knew that they could not change society, so instead of reflecting on themselves they blamed the beasts."

~~~~~

The grassy plains blew to the cool, salty wind. The grass dancing with each other to the sounds of the air and the insects that lay on their feet. Barren, the place was. The sun stood tall, it's influence spreading all around the area, engulfing the land with a hug filled with warmth.

Besides that, stood a flower.

A rose, to be specific. A bright red rose standing on the little hill. The rose blew along with the wind, letting the air sift through its petals and leaves as it calmy awaits.

However, the rose was tainted.

Black petals took up a portion of the rose, a dark and twisted contrast to the vibrant red. It held a sense of malevolence. Anger. Sadness. And pure evil. The grass surrounding it was beaten and bare. The dirt dug up as if it was clawed at by a ravenous dog.

A man was there too. A man from another time, another era. His eye patch clung to his eye as he looked over the flower.

"..."

The harsh grip in his hands were apparent, the knuckles turning as white as his coat. Frustration. Worry.

He knelt down, his hands tracing the ring of beaten grass around it.

"This isn't good."

He grimaced, running his hand through his hair. There want he could do about something about this. Unless...

A revelation comes to the man. But he was concerned. Would it work? Would it help? It would definitely help, but would it even work? He wasn't too familiar with it himself, only finding out about it recently.

The only one who could really use it was-

"Jacques." Surprised, the man now known as Jacques turned to see qnother person this time. He looked inhuman. His white skull mask on at all times as his horns protruded out of his head. The hole in the center of his chest stayed as his long hair flowed.

"I didn't think you would appear this time."

"Our appearances are random. You know that."

"Well, don't need to be so harsh..." He sheepishly rubbed the back of his head.

"I think I might disappear again soon, so I was thinking-"

"It can work."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"I mean, your not leaving much room for doubt..."

"As long as he doesn't succumb."

"Right... I don't know, because with this guy..."

He glanced at the flower once again, seeing more black spotting up on the red petals.

"I don't know if he has much time left."

~~~~~

A man groaned out as he sat up in his bed. He took a look at the clock, reading 5 in the morning.