Kiss

"In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?

Is it like the hand of God hovering above?
At least it is true that man has no control; even over his own will."

~~~~~

Previously...

"You see, I bought it with my own money so I can chauffeur my family around."

"I appreciate that and all but..."

He glances at his hand, along with the 6'2 400 pound sword currently resting in it.

"How the hell would this fit in there..."

"E-eh..."

~~~~~

Part Two

"A newbie welcome party?"

Currently both Himeno and Aki stood before the corpse of what appeared to be a devil, with Aki holding a piece of the Gun Devil's flesh.

"Yup! Division 4's never gotten together at one place. So let's eliminate our latest problem while bonding as a team." Himeno said.

"What problem?"

"Yeah, the thing is... Kobeni and Arai say they're gonna quit public safety. I guess the incident with the Eternity Devil traumatized them. Pretty sure it's not just that they're scared of devils now, they're prolly regretting how they tried to kill Denji and Y/n too..." Himeno claimed, taking a drag from her cigarette.

"Didn't you try to kill them too, Himeno?"

"Right!? Kids these days quit over something that small! Like come on, let's live shamelessly!" She said with a laugh, then adding on.

"If it's over drinks, we could apologize to Denji and Y/n real nice and quick, while getting Kobeni and Arai to stay too. It should be easier for Kobeni, but Arai is gonna be tough."

Aki humphed, examining the Gun Devil piece.

"You just want to drink, don't you?" In which Himeno responded with a chuckle.

"It's small, but I found a piece. If we're going drinking, it has to be this week."

"Huh, why?"

"If I'm going drinking, I want to drink with miss Makima." He said asking for a light for his cigarette, in which Himeno obliged.

"She's going to Kyoto on a work trip next week. Apparently she's going there to request assistance since both Y/n and Denji got targeted by a devil. So if we're drinking, we should do it this week."

Himeno contemplates, before asking a rather loaded question.

"Say, Aki, what do you think they are?"

"Hm?"

"It sounded like that devil knew about Denji. I've never seen anything like his chainsaw from either... And Y/n is completely different. He's got no devil contract as far as I've seen, and his strength is far beyond anything that's human in general... the biggest mystery is why Makima cares so much about them."

Aki breathes out the smoke from his mouth, listening carefully to Himenos thoughts.

"She normally travels all over, but she's been hanging around Tokyo lately. That's because Denji and Y/n are here, right? Could it be because she knows what they're secrets are?"

Both humphed with thought, which Himeno taking the cigarette out of her mouth and extinguishing it.

"Shall we get her drunk and try to get it out of her?"