Bat

"In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?

Is it like the hand of God hovering above?
At least it is true that man has no control; even over his own will."

~~~~~

Previously...

"How dare they kidnap a poor cat!?"

"Oh??"

"That's totally unforgivable right!?"

"Yeah!"

"And as a devil hunter I can't let them get away with it!!"

"Yeah!!"

"I'll murderize that devil!!"

Y/n looked on with complete confusion.

'... What the fuck is wrong with these kids?'

~~~~~

"Tch... I ain't some fucking babysitter..."

The trio walked out of an office, getting allowance for Power to go out till 5.

"You can't even go out on your own!?" Denji asked.

"Nope. I was so bored being in there all the time."

"I'd say it's for a good reason... But why the hell am I here again..." Y/n asked himself more than anything.

"Ah, yes, would you like to touch my chest as well?"

She gestured towards her chest, in which Y/n slightly grimaced.

"No." He bluntly said.

"Ho? Suit yourself, human!"

She then turned to Denji.

"I know where to find the devil who took Meowy, but only you can defeat it!"

She pressed on.

"If it sees me, it'll use it as a shield! It'll be checkmate!"

Denji cast a small look at Power's chest.

"I once had a pet too, a devil named Pochita. I'll never be able to pet him again, but it's ok! He's inside me, right in here!"

He points toward the center of his chest.

This piques Y/n's interest. Perhaps he made a contract with this devil? No wonder his brand always acted up around him. The reason for Power was self explanatory.

He then hears Power berate Denji for believing in said consolidation. Y/n decides to speak up.

"Well, you liked this Pochita thing that much huh?"

"Well, yeah... Only thing I had..."

"I'd say you live on for it, make his life not die out in vain... Ya only got one life, so make it count." Y/n stated, a slightly glazed look in his eyes.

"Yeah... Yeah! I'll try, even if I don't know what some of that meant!"

"Heh..."

"Hmm, human! Why is it your being nicer? Didn't you say yourself you don't want to be "buddy buddy" with us?" She inquired, standing on her tip toes to appear taller as she glared up at Y/n.

"Tch... Don't get the wrong idea..." Y/n growled out with less noticeable resentment than usual.

"Who knows how long we gotta work together, so I might as well build an ok relationship with the two of you knuckle heads, yeah?"