Devil

Previously...

Y/n sets off on his path once again, with no clear direction in mind, luckily he knew the area.

"At least my head feels better..."

...

1989

The ◻️◻️◻️◻️ Devil has risen once again.

~~~~~

Y/n breathed, taking in the warm summer air. He was currently in one of the slums in the outer reaches of Tokyo. He'd rather not go anywhere seriously populated, especially with his curse.

He took a bite of the cooked rabbit he hunted and killed. Tracking it was a little tough with Y/n's cumbersome sword, but he made it work by using a trap.

'It's better than nothing.'

In this moment of peace, Y/n remembers a brief encounter with a certain government organization...

The Public Safety Devil Hunters...

~~~~~

Y/n is seen walking throughout a ghost town, these have been more common since the gun devil incident.

Y/n then feels a burning sensation on his hand, which can only mean one thing: A devil was near.

He unsheathed his sword, looking around before he heard the skittering of what seems like footsteps...

He turns to the direction looks upon the devil. It was clear it was some sort of insect, but what told it apart was the pincers in its may, the segmented body, and the 6 large, hairy legs. It was a grotesque mix between human and insect.

[The Ant Devil]

"ShaSha... Must eat, eat!"

It then it rushes at Y/n in remarkable speed...

*STOMP*

Only for it suddenly be crushed.

[The Ant Devil: Defeated?]

To be honest, no one is really afraid of ants, so it was pretty weak.

Y/n looked on on confusion, as what seemed to be a fox paw that slammed into the devil. It disappeared as quickly as it came.

"Damn, well I'll be, I guess the rumors where true."

A well dressed man approaches Y/n. Still on guard, he raises his sword. The man raises his hands halfheartedly.

"Hey now, I'm not here for any trouble, I just wanna talk."

"Then talk."

"... Well ain't you a social butterfly? Anyways weve been hearing about someone killing devils for a while now. From witness reports this someone wielded a large ass sword and had a black cloak... Which certainly matches what you got on right now."

'Tch, witnesses?' He didn't expect anyone to see him do his deeds. He then tersely responded.

"And?"

"Ah, nothing much. You ain't in trouble or anything, though the folks are questioning you dealing with the Yakuza... But I don't care."