Vigilance (Chapter 23)

Word count: 24.2k

Pairings: Jake x Reader, Sam x OC

Warnings: Alcohol, Cursing, Dramatic Themes. Angst Including: Talks of Infidelity, Toxic Themes, Stalking, Arguing, Yelling, Extreme Portrayal of Sadness, Crying, Abandonment, Heartbreak, Talks of Illness, Extreme Illness, Hospitalization, Talks of Death and Dying, Domestic Violence, Domestic Abuse, Verbal Abuse, Physical Violence. Talks of Pregnancy, Pregnancy Complications, Pregnancy Loss/Termination. Talks of Marriage. Confrontation. Smut Including: Kissing, Touching, Fingering, Role Play, Anal Play,Oral F!Receiving, Oral M!Receiving, Penetration, Rough Sex. Fluff.

HER POV

Elle was sauntering across the parking lot, her hair a wild mess clipped on top of her head, dressed in black cutoffs and a tank top and dark skinny sunglasses set low on her nose. She always looks so good, so effortlessly good.

You crossed your arms and leaned against the back of the car, waiting for her to approach. You weren't sure what to expect...screaming, a slap across the face. Whatever it was going to be, you deserved it.

"Hello, sis. Fine morning?" She quipped as she brought you in for a teeny tiny embrace.

What?

You pulled back. "Hi. Yes, it's very warm out today."

The two of you turned towards the coffee shop, not saying a word as the sun began beating down in the heat of the late morning.

"After you." She said flatly, holding the door open for you.

You ordered your coffees, insisting on paying for hers, which she accepted with no argument.

"Shall we sit outside?" She asked, voice still stern.

You found an empty table across the little veranda, and hung your purse on the back of the chair. The two of you sat, staring directly at each other as you sipped.

"Alright, lay it on me, Ellebelle." You motioned with your hands for her to 'come on'. "Let me have it, do your worst."

Her eyes still hid behind her dark sunglasses, and her hands were folded perfectly in front of her, resting on the table. When she spoke, her voice was low, quiet, and calm, indicating that a hurricane was on its way.

"So you fucked my boyfriend while I was passed out, huh?" She said, reaching her tongue to her back teeth. "Thought it would be cool to wait until I was too drunk to function, throw my brains up for half an hour, then pass out across the bed before you snuck him away? Or did he sneak you away...I don't know. Doesn't matter I don't guess. And Jake...out on a rescue mission, completely unaware that his girl was getting railed by his little brother... Classy, Y/N. Gotta tell ya. That's one for the books." She stopped, sizing you up. You nodded, accepting defeat.

She sat back in her chair, crossing her arms again. "So how was it?"

"What?"

"How was it? How was he? Tell me. That's what best friends talk about, right? Their sex lives?" She said, picking up her coffee for another sip.

"Elle, I don't think..."

"I do think. I wanna know. Was he everything you thought he'd be, again? Where did you go? How did it transpire? Tell me, Y/N. Details." She urged.