Vigilance (Chapter 26)

Word count: 18.3k

Pairings: Jake x Reader, Sam x OC, OC x OC

Warnings: Language, Alcohol, Smoking, Fluff, Jarmonica. Angst: Confrontations, Mentions of Death and Dying, Stalking, Blood, Violence, Talks of Hospitalization, Crying, Manipulation, Serious Injury, Talks of Severe Pain, Vomiting, Vertigo, Panic Attack. Smut: Kissing, Making Out, Fingering, Oral F!Receiving, Spit Play, Orgasm Denial, Voyeurism, Public Sex, Dirty Talk, Rough Sex, Unprotected Sex, Choking, Slapping, Gagging, Cum Play.

JAKE POV

'So facetime her right now Jake. Let's see what she has to say.'

Her words were echoing through your head as your finger hovered over the call button, but in a snap of clarity you stopped, locking your phone and placing it on the dresser next to you.

"No." you snapped.

"Why not Jake? If you have nothing to hide, then call her." she vollied.

"Y/N. Stop. Do you really think– After the conversation we just had? You think I am fucking around with someone else?!" you spat.

"I don't know Jake, that's what I'm trying to find out! You flat out refusing to call her is making you seem a little bit guilty, don't you think?" she said with the raise of a brow.

"No. Absolutely not. I'm not calling her because I'm not going to entertain her delusions. I will text her tomorrow morning and I will tell her everything that she needs to know. Tell her that was extremely inappropriate and that if she wants to continue our friendship she will need to respect our boundaries. I'm sorry Y/N. I don't know what to tell you, other than I swear to you, I don't have those kinds of feelings for her. I never did and I never will."

She bites her lip as she looks at the phone on the dresser, eyes flicking to yours for a split second before down at the floor. "I know. I know you're right. Shit... I don't–" she pauses, running her hands through her hair, "I'm sorry...I don't know what came over me. I know you would never...Fuck, I'm sorry Jake."

"It's fine, babe. I'm just as surprised as you are. Even a little pissed off to be honest. That was completely unwarranted. She shouldn't have done that, and like I said, I'll deal with it tomorrow." you say sternly. "Now, can we get back in bed?"

She nods her head and walks to her side of the bed, sliding into the sheets and rolling to her side. You do the same, facing her as you reach for her hand, "I've told you, it's you. It's always and only ever going to be you, okay? You have to trust me on that."

She smiled and curled into your side, giving you a soft kiss on your chest as she relaxed and took a deep breath. You reached over and turned off the lamp, kissing the top of her head between a few quiet 'I love you's'. But even as your eyes started to close, your brain was still swirling with what you were going to say to Carson. Why did she think that it was okay to send that? Had you led her on? Were you guilty? Maybe Y/N had a right to be mad. You had to fix this. Immediately.

When the morning came you still didn't have the answers. You looked over to Y/N still asleep beside you and knew you needed to figure it out. For her. So quietly, you slipped out of the bed and grabbed your phone from the nightstand, sneaking out of the bedroom and into the study.

You sat down in your favorite chair, and opened the thread between you and Carson. You looked at the photo again, and reread her message, wondering where you went wrong and how you ended up here.